GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 gti ethanol content sensor install

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I have kind of a follow up questions...

I'm running E30 (not measured yet) with meth and planning I can run the app 100 tune doing so, with meth covering any additional feeling required. We have not logged yet but does this sound safe? Sorry to derail if I am derailing.
You will need to log spray and driving parameters to see if you have too little or too much spray for fueling.
Stratified, or I believe some people run the 100 octane tune from apr, etc.
Pro tune for e30 is the easiest way. Running a 100 octane map is effectively the same as long as you add enough ethanol to bring your octane to 100 or 104, whatever the map should be.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Thank you!

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Ryan,

Are you referring to the wideband sensor or the ethanol sensor? I read the directions from innovate for the wideband bung stating 24" away and on the top half of the downpipe to prevent damage from condensation, but was curious to know how you oriented it for best ease of access and installation (9 o'clock, 1 o'clock, etc). I looked over your IG several times and didn't see any wideband close ups. Sorry if I missed it.

sorry, late reply, I installed it at the 2pm position when looking down the downpipes from the backside. technically pointing up towards the passenger seat under the car. I set it back but not 24", no issues here, just recalibrated it actually.

raphaelpmc

What is Ethanol sensor? i live at Brazil and we have a lot of flex fuel cars and i don't ever heard about ethanol sensor. Here they calibrate the fuel ar ratio according to wideband and nothing more.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
You will need to log spray and driving parameters to see if you have too little or too much spray for fueling. Pro tune for e30 is the easiest way. Running a 100 octane map is effectively the same as long as you add enough ethanol to bring your octane to 100 or 104, whatever the map should be.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

E30 is only like 94-95 octane, you'd need a bunch more ethanol to get to 100 for sure.

I like to run E30-E35 even on my 93 octane tune, the car just feels much better and more consistently strong. I wish we had an E40 option right at the pump. I honestly think that E10 and E85 are some the worst options in the balance between power/octane and fuel consumption/delivery issues.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Currently using. Very convenient. Fuel line just needs to be trimmed some going to hpfp side. I think 1 or 2 inches.
Buy the replacement clamps from the dealer in case one of yours snaps while installing line. Hardest part was removing old line from the lpfp side since I have a lot of hoses down there. Tap into the horn fuse 15amp fuse and ground using the battery ground post on the frame near the back right of the engine bay. If not grounded properly, it won't work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk