GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$3k...

C4L

Banned
A catback can maybe give 3-5whp, but its hard to say. Yes, overall, you will probably have more of an increase in any type of performance or prevention of heatsoak with the S3 IC.

It looks like the S3 is a front mount IC whereas the OE IC is on the bottom. Is this correct? And if so, how does the S3 affect the use/operation of the OE?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
it replaces the OEM IC as far as I know.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
It looks like the S3 is a front mount IC whereas the OE IC is on the bottom. Is this correct? And if so, how does the S3 affect the use/operation of the OE?
The S3 IC is the same type as the stock IC just thicker and all aluminum construction.

One major thing you are forgetting to put on your list is installation cost.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
The S3 IC is the same type as the stock IC just thicker and all aluminum construction.

One major thing you are forgetting to put on your list is installation cost.

x2 for the install price. Most shops however will give you a better install price if you buy alot of parts from them. If you were to buy the APR reflash, carbonio intake, downpipe, and intercooler from EPWerks(for example) not only would he give you a heck of a deal on install but he would also probably take off an additional $100 from the APR flash and install everything for much cheaper. If I had to guess how much he'd install that for me is put the price at around $300. (ecu install would be free*did free for me* 50 for downpipe and 250 for intercooler, and intake since they can kinda go together since you'll have to remove the intake anyways) so if you buy all those parts at once find a nice shop that would be willing to give you a bulk discount and a shop that's willing to install for cheaper too.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
If $3K is your budget, you need to factor in quite a bit of labor cost, unless you're doing work yourself. The most expensive installs would probably be your springs and intercooler. If you have a bit more to spend and are performance-oriented, I say replace the OEM front lip with a Forge Catch can or BSH Side/Lower Engine mounts & Transmission mounts.

randy915

Ready to race!
Just buy the stage 1 portion of the APR intake as the stage 2 is purely cosmetic...

For me the most noticeable of all the upgrades were:

1. stage 1
2. rear sway bar
3. engine and transmission mounts (get VF engine mounts and HPA pendulum mounts)
4. downpipe

If you're planning on going stage 2 eventually, you may as well save up and buy a full turboback exhaust rather than getting the downpipe and catback separately in stages.

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
Highly consider a throttle booster like d1 spec throttle controller or Sprint booster. This is my 2nd best mod to date apart from revo software and its literally night and day. I bought mine for less than 150

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Nice laundry list of upcoming mods - but of course everyone here will tell you to get something different :). Let me know if I can help!