GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rear black emblem vw golf mk6....

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
lol stop ordering emblems.

seriously it's not scary. mask off the area around the rear emblem (or you know what, you don't even have to mask it off since you and peel off the plasi dip with your fingers after it dries)

grab a can of plasti dip.

shake well.

and spray to your hearts content.

it dries clean and even every time. if anything give it another coat. if you over spray, take your fingernail and gently slip it under the overspray and peel off the plastidip. same goes for if you do it and didn't like how it cam out.

if you try and take off the rear emblem theres about a 75% chance you're going to break the clips.

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
if you cant plasti dip then you need to go back to 2nd grade. I took the emblem off mine about 5 times already. only one clip broken :D

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
just finished plasti dipping my rear latch... letting it dry... ill post pics when its done =) and im just gunna see if the plastic black one matches... if not then ill plasti dip that one =) thanks for the advice guys.

Clempson13

Ready to race!
if you cant plasti dip then you need to go back to 2nd grade. I took the emblem off mine about 5 times already. only one clip broken :D
why 5 times?

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
'adda boy

before!!!

after!!

i think i might buy some candy white vinyl and put it on the back so it doesnt look like i have a big black hole in the back of my car =) lol

Legohed

Ready to race!
lol stop ordering emblems.

seriously it's not scary. mask off the area around the rear emblem (or you know what, you don't even have to mask it off since you and peel off the plasi dip with your fingers after it dries)

grab a can of plasti dip.

shake well.

and spray to your hearts content.

it dries clean and even every time. if anything give it another coat. if you over spray, take your fingernail and gently slip it under the overspray and peel off the plastidip. same goes for if you do it and didn't like how it cam out.

if you try and take off the rear emblem theres about a 75% chance you're going to break the clips.
So are you saying in sticking loadsa newspaper on and around, I can just leave the emblem in situ on the car and spray? If so, I'm well chuffed 'cos I don't fancy trying to get mine off :wosschilder980:

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
So are you saying in sticking loadsa newspaper on and around, I can just leave the emblem in situ on the car and spray? If so, I'm well chuffed 'cos I don't fancy trying to get mine off :wosschilder980:

thats what i did. put a bunch of newspaper and just sprayed it.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
I'm 17, and new to this Plasti-Dip concept. What is required of me to put on the plasti-dip?

Do I need primer, or anything?

I have a '12 mk6, wondering if there's anything different with the composition of the emblems, my dad wants to buy emblems off the internet for me but I keep saying, why? when you can get a can of plasti-dip for $6...

isons429

Ready to race!
You don't need to do anything other than clean the surface of whatever you are going to spray. For the emblems, I would suggest three coats total. Good luck!

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Plasti-dip is the duct tape of paints/finishes. It just does everything.

I just gotta figure out how to mask off rear emblem without ruining my klii plaid insert.

Delta0Medusa

Ready to race!
Plasti-dip is the duct tape of paints/finishes. It just does everything.

I just gotta figure out how to mask off rear emblem without ruining my klii plaid insert.

That may require some precise taping. You have to be careful tho, or else when you remove the tape it might pull up the plasti. Exacto knife might come in handy to separate the tape from the plasti. Lemme know if you do it. lol Interested.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
That may require some precise taping. You have to be careful tho, or else when you remove the tape it might pull up the plasti. Exacto knife might come in handy to separate the tape from the plasti. Lemme know if you do it. lol Interested.

So, the solution is to either cut out cardboard or foam for the inner part so I don't have to put tape directly on the interlagos insert. As soon as I can wash my car (it's dirtier than it has ever been due to the rain) then it will be done. Also, on another thread we have discussed the exhaust valance and I am set to do that as well, time and weather permitting.

I'll let you know when the deed is done.