GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coilovers to Springs..

samamk6

Hi All,

I have a 2010 TDi MK6. Currently, it's sat on FK Street coilovers and some 18" Interlagos. However, after having this setup for the past year, I am increasingly tired of the ride quality from the coilovers (yes, I am aware they aren't the best quality, which is why I came here for some opinions), and also the fact that the car is so low the arches at the front have ever so slightly been wrecked.

I'm wanting to replace the coilovers with some lowering springs. I also will need new shocks and dampeners. I've heard and been recommended to buy Eibach lowering springs. I've found some on eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eibach-P...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649)

Would these be suitable, and give a lowered look without rubbing my arches? Also, any pointers towards some half decent shocks and dampeners would be much appreciated, as would your views on this!

Cheers,
Sam :)

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
I bought Eibach Sportline directly from UK supplier and Sportline is same as VWR spring.
Eibach is also supplier for DG spring.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Wasn't it established a while back that DG springs are Eibach Pro-Kit painted blue?

But yeah, either Bilstein or Koni yellow for shocks.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Wasn't it established a while back that DG springs are Eibach Pro-Kit painted blue?

But yeah, either Bilstein or Koni yellow for shocks.

No. I’ve had pro kit springs and DG currently. DGs are linear, pro kits are progressive and a bit lower.

I landed on DG springs and koni yellows. One finger fender gap, amazing handling and comfort is decent. Win win and win.

Good luck!

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
No. I’ve had pro kit springs and DG currently. DGs are linear, pro kits are progressive and a bit lower.

I landed on DG springs and koni yellows. One finger fender gap, amazing handling, and comfort are decent. Win win and win.

Good luck!

I'm thinking about making the switch over to either DG or VWR springs. Currently on H&R SS and Koni Yellows. love the drop but i don't like the progressive spring rate.

samamk6

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

The VWR springs look decent and within budget - so they're most probably the ones I will go for.

As for the shocks, eBay have the Bilsteins for around £700+, which I'm guessing are top of the range. They're a little out of my budget unfortunately.. are there any cheaper alternatives?

QuitersLOSE14

Ready to race!
I have the H&R sport cup kit. Ride is definitely firm, but the stance is nice. I’ve had them on my car for at least 50k miles, zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QuitersLOSE14

Ready to race!
I swore I saw DG springs or maybe VWR(?) that had broke somewhere on this forum as well. It might be worth the digging to make sure.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
I swore I saw DG springs or maybe VWR(?) that had broke somewhere on this forum as well. It might be worth the digging to make sure.

I believe it was DG springs, but was only 1 guy it happened to. I may be wrong

QuitersLOSE14

Ready to race!
Ya that’s true as well. It's more important if all of the raw spring steel for that production run is fully defect free as well. But who knows, the person could been driving wild or stressing them more than normal.

Last edited:

adema69

Ready to race!
why not buy a better coil over? fk street line are on the lower end buy a good coilover and the ride quality will be better