GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Posted this in another thread due to being on topic there, but this is what I did today :)

The glove box has one as well as they included 3 in the package. I assumed 1 was a spare/extra? Either way I put it to use! :)

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Sold it! Buyer was a motorcycle mechanic who bought it on behalf of his brother. Put almost 100k miles on it, enjoyed it tremendously. Thanks to all those who offered advice on mods, I'm pretty happy with how they all turned out. Only thing I had to re-mod was front end-links, a pretty small mis-step.

Easing the melancholy of its departure is a Lapiz Blue CPO 2017 Golf R w 3 1/2 years and 36k miles of original and certified warranty left. Would never have been able to swing a new R, but loving this one.

Already thinking about a tune, but honestly it's pretty damn quick already.

Happy trails

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I installed my new headlights today. Spent 3 or 4 hours on it, just taking my time and fixing some things. Like I remounted my ballasts so you can't see them anymore and it looks cleaner. The way the bulbs are installed into the headlight was something I'd never seen before so I wasted a bunch of time messing around with that. Then I couldn't get the right headlight to slide in all the way, so I had to do some trimming to get it in. It's in though and everything looks awesome. I just need to spend a little more time adjusting the aim, but it looks like it's got a pretty good beam and the spread of light is really even.

https://i.imgur.com/tTe65DF.mp4 sequentials!

This one didn't really come through. It looks orange in the picture, but they're red in person.

jhstl

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed my new headlights today. Spent 3 or 4 hours on it, just taking my time and fixing some things. Like I remounted my ballasts so you can't see them anymore and it looks cleaner. The way the bulbs are installed into the headlight was something I'd never seen before so I wasted a bunch of time messing around with that. Then I couldn't get the right headlight to slide in all the way, so I had to do some trimming to get it in. It's in though and everything looks awesome. I just need to spend a little more time adjusting the aim, but it looks like it's got a pretty good beam and the spread of light is really even.

This one didn't really come through. It looks orange in the picture, but they're red in person.
Those turned out great!

Mk6Racing

Passed Driver's Ed

That looks so clean! Trying to decide on whether to upgrade front and rear with eg. Vland lights or just do oem rears for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
Lookin’ good Sterkrazzy! Especially since your dynamic turn signals are carried over with your mirrors. [emoji106]

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Pulled the trigger on some VWR mounts. Got the engine and transmission mounts for $250 shipped so I really couldn't pass up on them.

jhstl

Passed Driver's Ed

Did you end up using the wiring adapters that came with them? Bulb out errors still present?

Also, do you have any pics of how you mounted the ballasts? I just got mine in the mail today and I was looking inside trying to figure out what I need to disconnect if I want to turn the demon eye feature off. I would prefer to have that wired to parking lights only or something else.. I'll have to play around with them once I get them installed.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Did you end up using the wiring adapters that came with them? Bulb out errors still present?

Also, do you have any pics of how you mounted the ballasts? I just got mine in the mail today and I was looking inside trying to figure out what I need to disconnect if I want to turn the demon eye feature off. I would prefer to have that wired to parking lights only or something else.. I'll have to play around with them once I get them installed.

The wiring adapters worked no problem. I'm not sure if I already had an adapter on the eds reps I was using, or if that was an oem thing, but I had to take out an adapter to be able to use the new adapter. I do seem to have a bulb out error for 1 of the headlights. Same headlight that gave me an error with my eds reps, and I tried multiple combinations of codes to try and fix it and I never could.

I didn't take any pictures of the ballasts, but I put them underneath the headlight basically, on the bottom side of where it mounts. Just used a few zip ties in ways that wouldn't interfere with mounting the headlight.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Got a tyrol sport hatch brace. Wondering if I should get it painted black.

Sent from my Pixel 2

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
I just use Mann for both, the oil filter is only like $15, I really didn't even know there were that many different brands for oil filters.

Amazon has them for like 13 most of the time

You can get a 5-pack or 10 pack of Mann filters from ECS tuning. That brings the price down to about $9 each. I've always used the Mann ones, they're German made, a buddy of mine told me they make the OEM ones for VW as well. Not sure about that part but they have always worked well for me.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Got a tyrol sport hatch brace. Wondering if I should get it painted black.

Sent from my Pixel 2

If you're gonna have someone paint it, go for that sweet, wrinkle black finish.

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
You can get a 5-pack or 10 pack of Mann filters from ECS tuning. That brings the price down to about $9 each. I've always used the Mann ones, they're German made, a buddy of mine told me they make the OEM ones for VW as well. Not sure about that part but they have always worked well for me.

From a few pages back:

PhthaloType said:
I'm pretty sure OEM is just MANN with with a VAG logo on it. I put a MANN in a couple of days ago, and compared it to the OEM filter it was replacing. They looked completely identical except for the printing (can't speak too much for internals of course, but looking into the open end they still looked identical as far as I could tell). Also, OEM had the MANN part number printed on it in addition to the VAG part number.

pdan

Ready to race!
Installed my Eurosport x brace yesterday. Was kinda nervous about drilling, but it ended up working out. Managed to not screw it up too badly, and am pretty happy with the result.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Installed my Eurosport x brace yesterday. Was kinda nervous about drilling, but it ended up working out. Managed to not screw it up too badly, and am pretty happy with the result.

Let us know how it works. Gonna be getting into bracing soon so starting to look around at whats good and what isn't. I've read the front subframe brace, the Unibrace RB(? One that goes in the rear under the car) both help but the UB doesn't really do much. Haven't seen much about the ones that go inside like that one