GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaber

Modero
Lol dick. It might if you accidentally left the door unlocked.

They were probably from Chicago tbh.

At the daycare my daughter goes to, they caught two guys from FL, they were going to daycare parking lots and stealing from unlocked cars.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Da fuq happened in here last night? Scrolled through like 4 pages of butthurt. Folks trippin on Dubya should check themselves. Your wife comes home with a huge promotion (no idea how much lady Dubya makes but for example sake let's say it's $400k + bonus) and tells you, "Look, I think that we'd get by just fine if you stayed home full time. Just take care of alllll the crap around the house." - you're a liar if you tell me you wouldn't even consider it.

I hate using the phrase but I think it really applies here: you're just jelly.

And who the hell was talking about having a latte at like 7pm? Was that Phur? How do you sleep?

That's a good Def Leppard song.

In other news... up late last night installing new garbage disposal. Somebody tried to run a fucking corn cob holder/handle thing down it #fuckingkids and it apparently made a hole in the side of the disposal body. Wife went to grab something from under the sink and found a leak.

My option was (a) continue to let her freak out about a "leak" and call a late night plumber or (b) hustle my ass over to the Home Depot before they closed at 9:45pm and buy a new disposal.

#sotiredthismorning

Hi ,I'm Phil Swift and I just sawed this boat in half and repaired it using nothing but Flex Tape. Yahooooooooo

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

True story, the rabbit doesn't lock anymore. No clue why but it stopped working. It's parked in front of my house every day, nothing gets stolen. I have no clue how long it's been like that either. Now I just don't leave anything of value in the car.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
They were probably from Chicago tbh.

At the daycare my daughter goes to, they caught two guys from FL, they were going to daycare parking lots and stealing from unlocked cars.

On a local neighborhood Facebook group, we had issues this past weekend with car break-ins.

One guy had security camera video of some dumb kid pulling the door handles of the car in his driveway, and peeking into the front windows of his house. Guy lives about 15-20 houses down from me, on my street.

I don't leave anything out if I can help it. It's not just the ghetto with the hood rats you have to worry about. Burbs have lots of punk-ass spoiled brat white kids living there, who were never told "no" in their lives, wandering around after dark, bored.... doing shit because they've never had to suffer a consequence in their life, ever.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Hi ,I'm Phil Swift and I just sawed this boat in half and repaired it using nothing but Flex Tape. Yahooooooooo

Lmao love that infommercial stuff.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
True story, the rabbit doesn't lock anymore. No clue why but it stopped working. It's parked in front of my house every day, nothing gets stolen. I have no clue how long it's been like that either. Now I just don't leave anything of value in the car.

Smart on several levels.

My dad used to commute to Detroit every week, which meant his car (my old Jetta) spent lots of time in "long term parking" down at Midway.

He got sick of coming home to busted out windows, so he started just leaving the car unlocked.

Nothing of value inside, so nothing to take.... "Let 'em root around"... and at least he didn't have to replace windows every few weeks, or sit down in a soaking wet seat that got rained on.

jay745

Smart on several levels.

My dad used to commute to Detroit every week, which meant his car (my old Jetta) spent lots of time in "long term parking" down at Midway.

He got sick of coming home to busted out windows, so he started just leaving the car unlocked.

Nothing of value inside, so nothing to take.... "Let 'em root around"... and at least he didn't have to replace windows every few weeks, or sit down in a soaking wet seat that got rained on.
oh yeah I do that on purpose any time I'm in the hood. My neighborhood is good though, things like that don't happen often. If they do they'd be looking at one of the nicer cars that park all around, not my shitty rabbit.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

Well it’s a Rabbit. Everyone knows people don’t leave anything of value in a VW Rabbit, so there’s no point even looking in it iono.

Jaber

Modero
Well it’s a Rabbit. Everyone knows people don’t leave anything of value in a VW Rabbit, so there’s no point even looking in it iono.

It's like when my buddy moved to North Ave/Central.

"Bro, you should probably lock your car" - me
"Nah man, it's a $500 chevy van" - buddy
"SOMEONE STOLE MY CAR!" - buddy

He got it back a few weeks later. But it looked like someone had a party in it and it would of cost more to get it out of the tow yard :laugh: So the tow yard got to keep it.

Phur

Autocross Champion

Wiring harness in the door? VW made them too short on mkvs. My wife’s Jetta has had issues with it. The first vacation we ever went on, we go to Chattanooga. Roll into town almost on fumes, go to get gas and the gas lid won’t pop. My wife was fucking pissed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

Wiring harness in the door? VW made them too short on mkvs. My wife’s Jetta has had issues with it. The first vacation we ever went on, we go to Chattanooga. Roll into town almost on fumes, go to get gas and the gas lid won’t pop. My wife was fucking pissed!

I think it's something else. You can hear it click which is why I never noticed. But you can still open the door. The alarm goes off if it's "locked" and you open the door.

Phur

Autocross Champion
And who the hell was talking about having a latte at like 7pm? Was that Phur? How do you sleep?

Hells yeah I like coffee!!![emoji2]

I stay up late anyway, because I work third shift. As of late, on off nights, I’ve been able to talk Lady Phur into imbibing in a latte as late as 2:30am. We have been getting to bed at ~ 5am lately.

If I have homework to do in the morning, I will usually have one around 7am, another at 9am if I get really tired. I get to bed those mornings around 11am.

Status
Not open for further replies.