GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine turns over but won't start

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Would a weak low pressure fuel pump not throw any codes?

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
you would think so, but these cars throw codes when they feel like it. You'll see people get misfire codes and don't even feel it, yet I had a bad coil that would skip so bad when I went into boost, that the car shook like hell, and sounded like a subaru on 3 cylinders.. but did I ever get a misfire code? nope.. not a single one! lol

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Well piss. I was under the impression the fault system was more reliable than that!

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
Measuring Value 103 or 106 (can't remember) will tell you the duty cycle compensation of the low pressure pump. It's field 3 or 4 and the range is -1000 to +1000. A + number would mean that it is increasing the duty cycle to compensate for weak output (or possibly just other temporary demands). It won't throw a code until it goes out of range, but a high + number could indicate a weak pump.

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Nope no more issues, car has been absolutely perfect since this (minus the new clutch). Will have to see if it happens next summer, but by then I plan to have a VCDS cable and it'll be easier to dig into possibilities.

dcpppf

Ready to race!
yeah it only happened the two times, and the circumstances seemed very similar and rare. Usually my car will sit a lot longer than just 10-15 minutes after I turn it off, so I'm assuming that played a pretty big role in it. That and the excessive heat.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Its an issue. Only happens when the car is almost all the way warmed up for me. I can take a short drive to lunch, get food, get back in to my car, and it happens. Ith happens to a lot more ppl out there than VW makes it out to be. Its just so damn weird. The funny thing about it is that everyone that has apprently gotten it fixed has never actually posted a clear answer of what it was that they got done so thats helpful. lol

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Haha I never fixed it, but it hasn't happened since. Maybe this summer :iuno:

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
It has to be an kessey or transponder issue my girls car has the same tsi engine and that thing fires up perfect EVERY TIME. Also no tune on her car, I'm apr tuned.

Last edited:

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Nothing new, still hasn't happened again since.

edwardnese

Passed Driver's Ed
Can someone post a vid of their mk6 gti fuel pump priming when they open the drivers side door? i dont know what it sounds like and i'm not sure if my fuel pump is priming, thanks.

zrickety

The Fixer
It's very faint, not sure you will hear it in a video.