GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

235/40/18 +35 on GTI

gtiGreateness

Ready to race!
Sorry of this has been posted already. Got a buddy with a set of vmr V710 that he's selling at a heck of a deal. Want to see if the setup will fit on my car. I am stock ride height. The tire + rim is as follows.

235/40/18 Tire
18x8.5 +35 Rim

Thanks,

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Slight rub.. 225 would fit better but still doable.. fender screw mod needed I believe... test fit and see?

zrickety

The Fixer
Stock height you'll probably be ok.

Inevitable

Passed Driver's Ed
That's what I have on my GTI (235/40-18 on a 18x8). I'm lowered a bit and the fender screw mod was all I needed to do. Now, if I REALLY push the car into corners downhill...it just understeers rather than rubs. You'll be fine at stock height.

jordy6

Passed Driver's Ed
How do you guys run these offsets, i have 8" wide et42 rim and already poke a bit on the front. I don't think that there are any differences with that with the normal golfs and the gti and r

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inevitable

Passed Driver's Ed
How do you guys run these offsets, i have 8" wide et42 rim and already poke a bit on the front. I don't think that there are any differences with that with the normal golfs and the gti and r

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I run about 1.5 degrees negative camber up front, and the wheels are flush (near as makes no difference). The rears have a ton more room.

gtiGreateness

Ready to race!
Thanks guys for all the information... Ended up purchasing these bad boys! Hoping I can survive the long winter without putting them on.

Attachments

• snowshoes.jpeg
    snowshoes.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 283