GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FX400 CM hold GT3071 power?

Sauce118

Ready to race!
I currently am running a K04 with DP W/M and E30 maestro tuned with all supporting mods of course. I am around 355whp and 360wtq. My RSR clutch started slipping last week and now I cant even throttle in 4th because it just slips. I also have a GT3071 that is on the shelf ready to be installed as well. So I am going to change the clutch and install the GT30 at the same time. I have been told by people that I should go with the FX400 8puck design from Clutchmasters, which I was about to pull the trigger on... But I was trying to research torque limits on that particular clutch and couldn't find anything for the GTI, but found the clutch's rating on other cars to be around 420-450 wtq. I plan on building the motor this winter and just want to make sure the FX400 will hold up to the power I plan on throwing at the car with the GT30. I know U20T was running the fx400, but not sure if it was 6 or 8 puck design. Does anyone have any experience/ definite knowledge of whether the FX400 will hold near 475whp and similar torque? Thanks guys!

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I believe its possible. You can check their percentage rating over stock. The fx350 was doing 350hp/tq and I believe its rated at 100% over stock which is like 500 crack hp.
I forget the fx400 rating over stock. Consider though driveability change with a puck disk instead of full disk

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sauce118

Ready to race!
I believe its possible. You can check their percentage rating over stock. The fx350 was doing 350hp/tq and I believe its rated at 100% over stock which is like 500 crack hp.
I forget the fx400 rating over stock. Consider though driveability change with a puck disk instead of full disk

Well the "8puck" is a full disk even tho they call it the 8 puck. The 6 puck, however is definetely a puck design. This will be the strongest clutch ive ever had to have in a car, so what will I be sacrificing as far as drive-ability other than harder pedal and shorter engagement point? Are there any other recommendations anyone can make for a clutch that will definetely hold the BT power and yet still enable me to daily drive the car? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks guys! I also want to mention that I spend $xxxx on a new LUK DMFW when i installed the RSR last year, so the idea of keeping my DMFW for the $$ saving as well as no chatter is very appealing to me. But I dont want to buy something that will not perform well just because I am "worried" about chatter and trying to save a dollar ya know?

Sauce118

Ready to race!

BROBST; the FX400 is rated at 170% stock. So I should def be good eh?

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Yeah 170% would be like 350hp over stock. I feel confident in that range. When I picked out my fx350, I gave Clutchmasters a ring because I was concerned about driveability changes. They will be able to shed more light on the 6puck. From what I remember, its a pain if you are daily driving. But I know everyone has different thresholds for what they consider annoying. Plus the dmfw version may make it more bearable.
Good luck in your decision. I'm surprised a rsr failed. Thought they were good for at least 400hp+

Sauce118

Ready to race!
Yeah 170% would be like 350hp over stock. I feel confident in that range. When I picked out my fx350, I gave Clutchmasters a ring because I was concerned about driveability changes. They will be able to shed more light on the 6puck. From what I remember, its a pain if you are daily driving. But I know everyone has different thresholds for what they consider annoying. Plus the dmfw version may make it more bearable.
Good luck in your decision. I'm surprised a rsr failed. Thought they were good for at least 400hp+

Yea me too. I drive my car kind of hard sometimes, but I don’t track it all or launch it or anything. So I dunno. I’m pretty disappointed in the fact that it’s slipping, but I would have had to get a new clutch eventually with gt30. Just to be clear... your saying that 170% is stock power PLUS 350hp? So really it should hold 550hp no problem then? Thanks for the help man! Always count on you to chime in on my threads!! ?

Sauce118

Ready to race!
100% over stock is stock x2 which would be approx 400hp. So yeah should be like 550hp

Okay thanks man!!!

Sauce118

Ready to race!
100% over stock is stock x2 which would be approx 400hp. So yeah should be like 550hp

i pulled the trigger. its ordered. thanks again for the help man!!!

Sauce118

Ready to race!
8 puck due to daily driving