GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official South Florida Chat Thread

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Neuspeed is a good brand.

Clutch is hit or miss. You should definitely budget for a new clutch, just in case.

I have a 2010 as well, and my clutch lasted all of my time on stage 2 (~8k miles) and it also lasted for ~2k miles on my K04 before it started to slip slightly. I went stage 2 with 65k miles or so. It might not slip on the first day, but it will definitely go out at some point if you do a lot of WOT runs. If you drive normal and stay out of boost often, it might last you a really long time.

dynamiik

Ready to race!
If anyone is interested Im selling my Mercedes SL500 wheels for 700 with Achilles tires. They are a great fit and add a great look to the car. let me know!

dynamiik

Ready to race!
Is anyone going to Fixx Fest this year ?

Fixx is a great show, Ive gone the past 2 years. This year tho Im gonna change it up and go to Simply Clean

likkleindian

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone has 2 or 4 spacers (5 or 10mm) possibly with lugs in the south Florida area that they are willing to part with? I need these to have may car running by tomorrow, willing to travel to get them

mcomora

Ready to race!
Hi guys. I'm coming home Nov 5, two days after the monthly meet, and I want to see all of you. Would it be possible to move the meet to Thursday? If not, would anyone want to have an auxiliary mini meet on another day? I come back to Gainesville that Sunday.

Invidious

Ready to race!
So i got my frame notched by Rod Speed in Miami. They cut the hole in the wrong spot first off...and secondly its not even a 3" hole... So BEWARE to anyone in the southeastern area! Do not ever take your car to Rod Speed! Got quoted $300 at slammered to clean up this mess.. No more extra lows until after simplyclean... :(

Pictures of their work:
http://imgur.com/a/7SX77

Invidious

Ready to race!
Wow, that's a bummer, they usually do good work.

I've seen nice cars come from their shop before.. but they also outsource a lot of work to other shops. They took my car to a shop down the street to have my notch done. They gave me a run-around about the notch so Id rather have a more reputable and straight forward shop like slammered handle the fix. The owner was also never in the office when I showed up for my appts... Pissed me off.