GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JbondBMW's 2.5 3-Door Automatic Build

jbondbmw

Ready to race!
I have been a member here for quite some time and have been slowly modding my 2.5.

Here she is when I brought her home April 30, 2012:

My first mod started small, stainless exhaust tips:

And a couple other small things that were inexpensive:

I made it 6 months and had to get rid of the stock steelies, but didn't have much money so I got a set of Momo 15" alloys that I now use as winter wheels with Michelin X-Ice tires.

Once I threw dedicated winter tires, I knew I needed some larger summer wheels so, I went with 17's to maitain ride comfort and keep tire cost down:

Then I had to get rid of that horrible polyurethane steering wheel:

Then I wanted a nice OEM nav setup with an RNS510:

Then I started my LED phase (tails are tinted OEM):

Then I opened up that growel on the 2.5 for a NeuSpeed CAI:

Next up is a set of Koni Yellows/H8R springs because I finally need to give it a drop. The parts should arrive this weekend and be installed the 26th.

Just wanted to share my mod story.

Thanks for reading.

dynamiik

Ready to race!
Im liking that engine cover with the intake

jontalk

Ready to race!
I'm a newbie with a base model 5 speed.. this looks very nice.. Does the RNS510 install with the standard harness? I don't have Nav so I was thinking the RDS510 or whatever its called. Where'd ya get the steering wheel? Thanks.

jbondbmw

Ready to race!
I'm a newbie with a base model 5 speed.. this looks very nice.. Does the RNS510 install with the standard harness? I don't have Nav so I was thinking the RDS510 or whatever its called. Where'd ya get the steering wheel? Thanks.

My car was a convenience w/ sunroof car, so it came with an RCD510 stock. I had to wire a GPS antenna so it was just under the top of the dash, remove the compass from the rear headliner to not confuse the computer, and code the car for navigation with vagcom. It did not need a while new wiring harness.

I bought the steering wheel used from a cars car on this forum. It was a multi-function wheel so I sold the buttons off and bought the blanking plates from ECS tuning. You can buy the wheel new from ECS tuning, but it will run you north of $700.