GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
About 500 miles on the new tune. The difference between 2.1 and 2.4 is massive. The biggest differences when it comes to drive-ability is that's its obviously much smoother, and the car feels faster too. Took my wife for a drive in the car and i asked her if she noticed anything and first thing she said was that it felt faster.

Another great thing i noticed is that when driving with the 2.1 tune i would wait for the turbo to spool and it felt slow, unrefined and laggy. With this new tune every single gear the car is pulling you and doesn't want to stop. 2.4 feels like the original V2.0 tune i had which i loved, but got a 2.1 tune because i upgraded from Stage 1+ to stage 2.

cool to hear the comparison of V2.0 vs 2.4 for MT. I love the 2.0 file, wondering if I should bother with the upgrade.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
cool to hear the comparison of V2.0 vs 2.4 for MT. I love the 2.0 file, wondering if I should bother with the upgrade.

If I were I wouldn't. Feels exactly like 2.0.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I disagree. Get the update.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
Can either of you expand on that? what did you feel was noticeably different?

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie

Everything is much much smoother. Power comes on quicker, cold starts and driving cold are much better as well

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The throttle around idle rpms just behaves so much better than it used to, so parking lot driving is a lot smoother. The idle itself is smoother, especially cold starts. Power doesn't fluctuate near as much in certain gears when you're beginning to give it fairly heavy throttle. The way the power is delivered feels different. It's like the power is always just there waiting and expecting you to punch it at any second so when you do it just goes.

I'd say the extra power in 5th and 6th is worth it alone. 2.0 made it very obvious that power in 5th and 6th was toned down pretty good, and with 2.4 that power is back.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
interesting, thanks guys. I should have added, I wouldn't have to pay for the upgrade, just have to take a few hours out of my day to do it. that may have been a factor in Dans GTI's comment. A lot of car stuff is subjective too though. anyway, appreciate everyone's feedback

Dans GTI

Ready to race!

When i had the 2.0 tune i didn't have any of the issues people normally complained about (high idle, ect.) except for a few small things that still show with this new tune, but nothing major or to go home and cry about.

As stated its subjective, my 2.0 tune was pretty much perfect, when i went to 2.1 that's when everything went to hell.

unrelated though, my clutch finally started slipping yesterday after 76k miles being tuned.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
When i had the 2.0 tune i didn't have any of the issues people normally complained about (high idle, ect.) except for a few small things that still show with this new tune, but nothing major or to go home and cry about.

As stated its subjective, my 2.0 tune was pretty much perfect, when i went to 2.1 that's when everything went to hell.

unrelated though, my clutch finally started slipping yesterday after 76k miles being tuned.

I have nothing but good things to say about my RSR clutch. I drove my friend's South Bend Stg 2 Endurance clutch and that was pretty nice too.. but it will stray from the OEM feel that the RSR clutch preserves. If you have any questions on that, hit me up.

I wish I did an LSD while I was in there.. Id rather have that over an F23T or K04.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
I have nothing but good things to say about my RSR clutch. I drove my friend's South Bend Stg 2 Endurance clutch and that was pretty nice too.. but it will stray from the OEM feel that the RSR clutch preserves. If you have any questions on that, hit me up.

I wish I did an LSD while I was in there.. Id rather have that over an F23T or K04.

Thats great, i'm going to go piece together my own RSR kit.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Just went 2.0 to 2.4, 6MT.

6th feels like 5th used to. It woke 5th up for sure. Downshifting almost felt like an exercise in futility pre 2.4, lots of noise and no go in 5th, update gave it some umph. 1-4 feels the same but less clunky. I dont know how else to describe it but it's pleasant and feels smoother. Engine braking feels correct now, before I was consistently asking myself what the point of even doing it was besides habit.