GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Making progress. Pictured is eruo cupholder, alacantara ebrake handle, gli brake boot, finished wrapping my glovebox.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Making progress. Pictured is eruo cupholder, alacantara ebrake handle, gli brake boot, finished wrapping my glovebox.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
That’s glove box is looking great! What did you use if you don’t mind me asking?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Thanks! Total pain in the ass! Haha. Jpm supply company alacantara, there's black and not so black (maybe charcoal). I went with that. I think it's one of the only places you can buy alacantara now

Mk6_vic

Ready to race!
A few hi-res engagement photos
Told her I’ll take any photos but give me a few in front of the GTI.

Attachments

• 43A5D782-6B56-40CC-BAD8-5223FBAB36C5.jpeg
    43A5D782-6B56-40CC-BAD8-5223FBAB36C5.jpeg
    291.6 KB · Views: 147

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
I installed my OEM Borg Warner K04 this weekend (the Golf R version with a custom turbo outlet welded on and Unitronic DV relocation kit). That wasn't too bad of a job, but man am I sore!

Thanks! Total pain in the ass! Haha. Jpm supply company alacantara, there's black and not so black (maybe charcoal). I went with that. I think it's one of the only places you can buy alacantara now

Can only imagine! I had been looking at the vinyl stuff with a fake suede, but love the look and feel of alacantara. Are you doing the entire dash? I run a leather business where I make all sorts of things from scratch, but always been wanting to try my hands at auto upholstery.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Took my car in to diagnose high pitched squeal, cold start rough idle and misfires. I was convinced it was PCV and carbon. when I went to my shop to check up on it, PCV is fine and he hands me a piece of my exhaust manifold gasket. Wasn't expecting that! Think that could be covered under my extended warranty? I have 5yr and 100k comprehensive extended and 8 mo and 8k miles shy of limit. Also I prolly still need a carbon clean. Anything I should get done while the exhaust side is off?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Can only imagine! I had been looking at the vinyl stuff with a fake suede, but love the look and feel of alacantara. Are you doing the entire dash? I run a leather business where I make all sorts of things from scratch, but always been wanting to try my hands at auto upholstery.

Gonna pm you. Haha

Decided against the top dash because it is so labor intensive to take it out. Decided to just do lower dash instead. I'm digging the look

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
Took my car in to diagnose high pitched squeal, cold start rough idle and misfires. I was convinced it was PCV and carbon. when I went to my shop to check up on it, PCV is fine and he hands me a piece of my exhaust manifold gasket. Wasn't expecting that! Think that could be covered under my extended warranty? I have 5yr and 100k comprehensive extended and 8 mo and 8k miles shy of limit. Also I prolly still need a carbon clean. Anything I should get done while the exhaust side is off?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That's no good, hopefully you don't have an exhaust manifold stud broken. To put a new exhaust manifold gasket on they will have to remove the turbo. It would be a good time to go K04, but they may not want to do that under warranty. You could at least have your stock turbo and wastegate checked for shaft play and wastegate actuator play while it is out.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Man...I don't know what the hell I ran over this morning, but everything seems to be alright. I can't find any damage and it seems like my tire is still holding air fine.

I was just driving down the road and all of a sudden I heard this nasty clunking noise, and then a few seconds later I hear tink tink tink as whatever it was started bouncing off the street. I think I ran something over, my tire picked it up, and then it bounced around in the wheel well for a couple seconds before it flew out.

dead_catz

Ready to race!
I also had a tussle with a underwater lane at 45 mph.. puddle so deep it stopped me dead in my tracks threw my wheel into a curb and f888d it all up. The force of the water got in my back bumper and ripped the valence clean off like a parachute, drives fine though time to buy a new wheel and valence >:0 and pray i didn't mess the axle or rotor up

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I also had a tussle with a underwater lane at 45 mph.. puddle so deep it stopped me dead in my tracks threw my wheel into a curb and f888d it all up. The force of the water got in my back bumper and ripped the valence clean off like a parachute, drives fine though time to buy a new wheel and valence >:0 and pray i didn't mess the axle or rotor up

Where the f were you when you hit that big of a puddle? Need to know where to stay away from...

Last edited: