GOLFMKV

Golf R Lease Speical- So Soon!

MattTheCarNut

Ready to race!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
it will vary by area, but this is what it is in my neck of the woods:

The 2012 Golf R Lease Special.
$469*/Month. 36-month lease. $1,999 due at signing. (Excludes title, tax, options and dealer fees.)
Lease a 2012 Golf R 2-Door with manual transmission for $469* a month. 36-month lease, $1,999 due at signing. (Excludes title, tax, options and dealer fees). See your local VW dealer for this limited time offer or for one of many other great lease deals available on Golf R models. More about the golfr.

National Offer | Offer ends February 29, 2012

------------------------

Thats not too bad, and much better than what some of the vortex guys were saying they were hearing from dealers.

shadow29

Ready to race!
Kinda suprised that they're running lease deals on the new R so soon after release. But thats actually a pretty good deal and wonder how many people have taken advantage of it?

MattTheCarNut

Ready to race!
Kinda suprised that they're running lease deals on the new R so soon after release. But thats actually a pretty good deal and wonder how many people have taken advantage of it?

If there were a car in Texas that match my preferences, I would have already. HAHA

schwabo

Ready to race!
2 door base ... get the loaded 4 door and see where ya at yo! LOL ...

still a good price nonetheless :)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
They expect $18,883 in depreciation when the car is under 36K miles and 3 years old.

Can't really say if it that lease makes sense.

Buying would make more sense IMO.

MattTheCarNut

Ready to race!
They expect $18,883 in depreciation when the car is under 36K miles and 3 years old.

Can't really say if it that lease makes sense.

Buying would make more sense IMO.

Not if you just want to give it back after 36 mos and get something else! :thumbsup:

I love leasing!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
haha^

$20K buyout isn't bad, considering MKV R32's were going for $25-$28K still after 3 years.

Dybz

Banned
this deal makes no sense. it's like financing the car for 72 months... $469 * 72 = 33768. add the 2000 to that and you've payed off the car... and after 6 years it'll still probably be worth a good 18k rather than nothing lol. granted, that's at 0% interest, but add another 2000 in down payment if you purchase it to reduce interest and it's still a better deal to just finance it.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
You also must love wasting money.

yeah, but its subjective. Many people like to have a newer/newish car and under warranty, and don't mind essentially "renting" a car.

ToddMcF2002

Passed Driver's Ed
Leasing only makes sense if you know you are going to buy and sell at a frequency where the losses are the same as the payments IMO. Maybe I should have been leasing all these years :(. But this one I'm going to keep "forever" (or 2-3 years whichever comes first).

MattTheCarNut

Ready to race!
yeah, but its subjective. Many people like to have a newer/newish car and under warranty, and don't mind essentially "renting" a car.

Exactly! That's why there is more than one option when using someone else's money to "use" a car. :w00t:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Not if you just want to give it back after 36 mos and get something else! :thumbsup:

I love leasing!

But you're not saving money?! You can buy a NEW golf R drive it for 3 years and keep it under 36k and sell it for 25k. Your total cost will be 11k vs 18k? How do you not get that?

haha^

$20K buyout isn't bad, considering MKV R32's were going for $25-$28K still after 3 years.

Buyout really? So you end up spending 20k+18k you paid initially. So 38k for a 35k MSRP car.

Some ppl really need to run the numbers.