GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Misfire Cylinder 3 Gas On Plug

Cj_Engrav

Today as I was driving about 30 or so miles my 2010 GTI started misfiring. I pulled over and made sure the plugs were in tight and the coil pack were seated, they were. Luckily I was close enough to limp it home (I know probably not the best idea). I got home and here was what I have done so far.

-Swapped coils around to see if the misfire followed (It didn't)
-Swapped plugs to ones that I keep for troubleshooting purposes in order to see if maybe there was improper gap. (There wasn't)
-Checked electrical connections for possible bad connections. (Found nothing)

I was thinking maybe it's an injector problem, but there is gas on both of the plugs I used. I'm not sure if there could still be an injector issue, but any help would be appreciated.
If all else fails I can buy a beater civic while I troubleshoot. So win win?

zrickety

The Fixer
It's funny, I have also just started getting misfires on my 2010. I think it's bad gas though, filled up at a cheaper gas station I don't normally use. It does sound like an injector, try some lucas fuel injector cleaner ($4 at walmart) on a good tank of Shell, etc. Also consider the air filter if it hasn't been changed in awhile, I've seen that cause misfires.

Mimog3

Passed Driver's Ed
One of your injectors is stuck open. You may be able to verify by taking out the spark plug and looking into the cylinder to see if fuel is dumping into the cylinder. If yes then you know the injector is malfunctioning. That’s how’s I found out. I ended up replacing all injectors for peace of mind. I have a 2010 GTI with 150k and from what I understand there have been different revisions of the fuel injectors because of such an issue