GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pass smog in LA

epicgti

Ready to race!
Anyone know someone that could smog my car that doesn't pass? (no cat) Been trying to find someone since Dec without any luck. Really don't want to have to go back to stock...
Thanks

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to hear, your best bet is just to revert to stock downpipe and throw in the stock airbox. Sounds a lot of work, but really not that bad. Probably 2-3 hours max, if you haven't done it before.

epicgti

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear, your best bet is just to revert to stock downpipe and throw in the stock airbox. Sounds a lot of work, but really not that bad. Probably 2-3 hours max, if you haven't done it before.

Yeah that's what I have to resort to... I got quoted 200 to put the stock downpipe on and then another 200 to put my 42DD downpipe back on. So 400 total. would anyone be willing to install it for me for less?

torga

Autocross Champion
Yeah that's what I have to resort to... I got quoted 200 to put the stock downpipe on and then another 200 to put my 42DD downpipe back on. So 400 total. would anyone be willing to install it for me for less?
If you have a space to work, or if a friend does, this would be worth doing yourself. It's relatively easy and you save $400 in exchange for a few hours of your time. There are many tutorials for installing a downpipe.

mto386

Go Kart Newbie

I told you I would do it for half that :thumbsup: Make it a fun weekend trip to San Diego or something.