GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has ECS Coilovers

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
I don't know about the coilovers themselves, but I wouldn't get the version with the install kit.

I had their HD strut mounts and the Vaico rear shock mounts they include in that kit, and both are garbage - I had squeaking from both ends of the car from the very start. I got fed up after about 5k miles and switched back to OEM.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I don't know about the coilovers themselves, but I wouldn't get the version with the install kit.

I had their HD strut mounts and the Vaico rear shock mounts they include in that kit, and both are garbage - I had squeaking from both ends of the car from the very start. I got fed up after about 5k miles and switched back to OEM.
hmmm okay ill look at sourcing my own "install" kit then what all should be replaced?

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
All the parts in the kit are what need to be replaced, but you should see if they can swap in good quality mounts, either OEM or Febi. Everything else is legit.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Good choice. I'm not really convinced the TT mounts are any heavier duty than GTI or Golf R mounts, but they'll work just fine.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
im having trouble sourcing these 3(6 bolts total) for the mount "Front strut mount retaining bolts - QTY 6" I tried finding them all through the suspension thing and they seem to be the only bolts not sold?

the 6 little bolts.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie