GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

** Have a Golf 2.5L and want to Mod it? Click Here **

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
I mean if you really want to make it a project car and have fun with it I'm sure it can be done. Realistically you are better off taking that 20-25k you will spend and put as a down payment on a better car. I also highly doubt you can get a 2.5l to 450whp and use it a DD without having problems.

I only know of one guy who turbo'd his 2.5 and he said after everything was said and done it was over 12k and things still weren't working properly such as cruise control stopped working.

that 12k included a BBK

it cost him roughly 9k-10k for everything. including SRI
you dont need to do sri to go turbo. saves you like... $1k lol
and i believe he threw in the cost of exhaust as well. that's another $500ish.

the actual turbo portion should have cost him around $9k total. and he also had a public professional install by a reputable company.

i could care less for cruise control. id be tempted to floor it ever 5 seconds anyways xD

as for the c2 kit. i dont think anyone has one on an mk6.

ive heard neutral things about it. just make sure to have a good mechanic install it. then swap the c2 tune for a UM turbo tune.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Very nice thread. Well done! :clap:

I wish I read Grambles' GTI thread like this in the beginning or even before I got the car. Would've given me so much more direction...and taste. Lol

(I think it was Grambles' thread at least)

Jchilvz

Ready to race!
More info on UM turbo kits?

Kerebrus

Ready to race!
Can you post any details on compatible GTI catback exhausts if you switch to the GTI valance?

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
^ i believe all of them should fit right up with little to no fitment issues.
from what ive read, the stock exhaust and ultimate racing exhaust both fit right up.

Kerebrus

Ready to race!
^ i believe all of them should fit right up with little to no fitment issues.
from what ive read, the stock exhaust and ultimate racing exhaust both fit right up.

Cool, thanks for that info!

Kerebrus

Ready to race!

:w00t:. Read a few other threads regarding someone that did the GTI catback exhaust swap and went with the setup from APR. Sounds like this setup is more for looks than anything. I believe you had mentioned in the thread that the stock setup coming out of the left side will provide a much stronger exhaust note than switching to the GTI style.

MK6Golf2.5

Passed Driver's Ed
Van nice write up.

For the spoiler/lip mods, can you list all the options available for the 2.5?