GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Powered Sub trouble - Need some help

punchagoat

Banned
I am in the middle of installing a Sound Ordnance B-8PTD powered sub in my trunk. I have the power, wired remote control, and ground wires installed along the drivers side door sills with no problem. I ran the speaker wire along the passenger side door sill to the trunk to eliminate any interference with the power cable.

I pulled the premium 8 factory radio only to realize that I have no idea how to get the speaker wire into the radio cavity from the door sill. I assumed I could go from the sill behind the glove compartment and into the radio cavity. NOPE. There just isn't a pathway to get the speaker wire in. I am using the high level inputs on the sub so I have to figure out a way to get the speaker wire behind the radio to splice in to get a signal.

Can anyone help?

abalinka

Go Kart Champion
Try routing down the center console. You'll have to run it under the carpet and then go across.

///Audience

Ready to race!
I believe most people just tap into the high level wires near the back speakers. I believe theres a harness that disconnects near the rear quarter panels. Much easier than running all the way back into the dash