GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Volume not working on Sirius only

Beej1

Ready to race!
I'm curious if anyone's ever heard of a problem like this. I have the Nav/Dynaudio stereo in my GTI Autobahn.

Initial weirdness:
I hopped in my car this morning and Sirius had a message that said "Updating channels 0%". It went a way after a few seconds, but my volume turned down to "1".

Diagnosis:
-When I switch to Sirius, everything works normally, except the volume will not move from "1", even when I control from the steering wheel. I can faintly hear it playing out of the speakers.
-When streaming from my iPhone the stereo works perfectly, even the volume.
-I tried turning on/off the stereo, and then tried restarting the car with no change.

Weird as hell. Thoughts?

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Your car's totaled.

Nah...That's weird though. I've had the volume freeze when trying to play Bluetooth audio immediately after pairing, but as soon as audio begins to play I'm able to adjust it.

I would say try resetting the unit to factory defaults, but I'm not sure that would help. I assume you have the RNS315?

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Mine updated channels this morning too. No audio during update but soon as it was done it came back and worked fine.

Beej1

Ready to race!
Thanks for the feedback. I had a 25 minute commute to work and it still wasn't working. I had some initial weirdness when I started the car after work, but now it seems to be back to normal.