GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helmet choices.. Newbie here.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
http://www.saferacer.com/zamp-racing-fsa-2-sa2010-auto-racing-helmet

one and done^

don't buy a SA2005 helmet, you should be looking for 2010s at this point in time, as Wood has said, they most likely wont be allowed in events after 2015. My Bell BR1 is SA2005 (iirc), so I will be buying a new one in a year or two as well. I had open face in the beginning, and then went to the full face.

GunKata thanks for the link...I just ordered one actually with a 10% discount coupon I found online. $153 shipped to my door, you can't beat that price :w00t:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh wow^, even better! If I were to get that one, i'd get it in black and just take off the sticker when it shows up, lol.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
I actually ordered it in white, it's like a blank canvas in case I ever wanted to put something on it...BTW the coupon code is SMKMBIXO if anyone was wondering.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Gonna call up a few stores to see if they have any I could try on. I'm liking the price tag on that one GK haha

Sent via a microwave.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I actually ordered it in white, it's like a blank canvas in case I ever wanted to put something on it...BTW the coupon code is SMKMBIXO if anyone was wondering.

oh sweet, thanks for providing. i will probably post that up on FaceTube for my track/car buddies, can't beat that!

I need to buy a new one, maybe I should get the same thing. My helmet is starting to get old and is M-rated anyway. Question is how they run size-wise, I'm small-medium depending on the helmet.

ah, you're lucky you've had no issues running the M. if you are small/medium, I'd imagine a medium would be fine then. I used to run med with my M helmets, but then i gained a bunch of weight, so thats pretty tight on me and my auto helmet is a L thankfully, lol.

Gonna call up a few stores to see if they have any I could try on. I'm liking the price tag on that one GK hahaSent via a microwave.

YOU SHOULD! :thumbsup:

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
ah, you're lucky you've had no issues running the M. if you are small/medium, I'd imagine a medium would be fine then. I used to run med with my M helmets, but then i gained a bunch of weight, so thats pretty tight on me and my auto helmet is a L thankfully, lol.

I had a few "near-issues" where they let me slide with it for the day since I was both experienced and not in a caged car. Been meaning to pick up a new SA sometime this year but since the car isn't even ready I haven't really looked into it yet.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Word. the groups I run with wont usually let that shit slide.

TKE Mario

Ready to race!
hey everyone,

I participate in drag and autox events, and hopefully full track soon.
I'm looking for a full face helmet that can be used for all three my only three characteristics I care about are essentially:
- comfort
- field of vision (especially peripheral for autox)
- can be used for all three event types

I'd prefer to keep it under $500, but if it's worth it, then >500 is not a deal breaker

also are there any good italian brands? I'm very new to helmets so this is all uncharted territory for me, i've always rented but now I can't for drag racing, car's too fast :D lol
i.e. Sparco and Stilo

Last edited:

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
In for info

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SuperSkyline891

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been using a Bell Infusion EV for two years now and I'm very happy with it. When I bought it I wore glasses (I've had laser surgery since) so I needed something with a large visor that didn't feel claustrophobic. Unfortunately it was also the most expensive non-carbon one the shop had.

I definitely recommend going to a race shop and trying them on, I tried four helmets before buying mine. They're all pretty comfortable, even with glasses, I just felt less boxed in with the Infusion EV.

As for brands, Bell and Simpson were the two I thought of at the time since they were the names I saw watching pro racing. Stilo is a pretty big name in racing too though.

pamatt

Passed Driver's Ed
Arai! If you actually care about your head this is the brand to get.