GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recaro seats...Anyone?

Criz90

enjoying BT
My chance to brag, lol.

Yep, got OEM Euro Golf R Recarros.

Fully adjustable, heaters. Fit me BEAUTIFULLY.

Love them.

Those seats :drool: do want!

Cloudburn

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I'll use 8 thousand god damn dollars for a project car or a down payment on a new car, rather than... Two seats.

That's just me, I guess. Lol.

George11

Ready to race!
Unsure if you ruled out aftermarket seats because of the airbag sensor issues and such but Sparco Evo II is the way to go.

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
Stock Recaros from the 20th AE GTI? Those are waaaay more comfortable than these GTI seats. Of course they wouldn't match the rest of the interior.....

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
I really love the R's Recaros but I'd never pay $5000 for seats!
I'd invest that money in other noticeable mod.

mowyang

:iono: How do you buy a car without sitting in the Driver's seat to make sure its comfy?
I keep asking myself the same question, but my autobahn seats have become uncomfortable to me in just 6 months. In the beginning, they were firm and comfortable. Now, one of the seams on the seat digs into my butt and it is very uncomfortable. All I can figure is that the leather has broken in and gotten softer, while the seam has not softened. It's so bad that I'm wondering if the seat is somehow defective.

This has really taken the the fun out of having this car. Even short drives have become uncomfortable. :(

BTW, I'm 6' tall, 165 lbs.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
The autobahn leather seats are just the best combo comfort/race with great bolsters support (greater/larger that the plaid version) and set to lower position give good sporty feeling. With my 5.11, 200 lbs, it is perfect, no one here, with my tail/weight/shape, cant bad comments about autobahn seats ! ever !

Perhaps, the golf R Europe recaro seats are SO sexy. But probably not as confo that the autobahn seats.

FN in MT

Ready to race!
:iono: How do you buy a car without sitting in the Driver's seat to make sure its comfy?

I never replied to this... I DID sit in the car as well as put thousands of miles on the car, THEN the seats started to hurt.

I did sell my GTI a few months after this thread was started. Could not live with the pain.

Would love to buy another one but can't take the seats.

minorthreat55

Passed Driver's Ed
I never replied to this... I DID sit in the car as well as put thousands of miles on the car, THEN the seats started to hurt.

I did sell my GTI a few months after this thread was started. Could not live with the pain.

Would love to buy another one but can't take the seats.

I hear ya OP. Glad you got it sorted. What did you end up getting?

I'm a bit smaller than you...5'10" and 175lbs. I also find the GTI seat bottoms and bolsters to be a bit restrictive (the back/side bolsters are great however). The seats are GREAT, and I love them overall. Probably not as troublesome as they were for you, but they can be a bit annoying. My S2000 even has a wider bottom but still a supportive back/sides which I think is the perfect setup.

I don't have many gripes with the GTI seats but the bottoms could be a bit wider. Didn't the MK7 make them a bit bigger? Did you try one?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Most common seat swaps are Porsche and Audi seats. I put a set of Audi TT-S line seats in my GTI MKV. They are comfortable and have elec adjustments. Audi rails bolt right in. Paid 850.00 for the set off ebay. I am 6'3" 240 and they are quite comfortable. Had them in over a year now, they are very nice and Audi make a very tough, long wearing leather seat.