GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another new aftermarket headlight

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I'm selling my OEM LED Xenon's with XPEL film, adapters and Highline CECM for $1k.

OEM will always be better than aftermarket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it though? My aftermarket turbo is a lot better than my OEM one was.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Ballasts $150 each on eBay
Bulbs $75 from morimoto
Kunfatec adapter $75

That's it
If you don't have a highline CECM you just bridge two wires on the adapters and your high beams will work fine

Auto leveling is $100 per module and you need a sensor and a trigger wire

Let's be honest here. You don't need the auto leveling
It has manual adjustments. It takes a total of 15 minutes to adjust headlights

I've put together two sets of oem golf r bixenons
One cost me a mere $500 cause I waited a couple weeks to find ballasts at $100 a pop instead of $150 a pop

The other cost $800 cause I didn't wanna wait

Both worked perfectly fine on the car

If no one believes me I can dig through my emails and find proof of receipts and purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's just agree to disagree. I don't know why these headlights are bothering all the OEM xenon purists so much. I like the way they look. They are plug and play and will provide better lighting than my OEM halogens. That's all I need. Thanks.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Let's just agree to disagree. I don't know why these headlights are bothering all the OEM xenon purists so much. I like the way they look. They are plug and play and will provide better lighting than my OEM halogens. That's all I need. Thanks.

im not bothered by these
i like these lol
our OEM's arent that good when compared to some other company light outputs. both halogen and xenon. but the build quality is extremely well.

but i do know for a fact that when people claim(steven has claimed these will be like OEM quality) this quality will be OEM quality, it wont.
even if OSRAM makes these, it's not going to be OEM quality.
there are $2000 tail lights sold for honda s2000's that are badass and very high in quality but not OEM quality.

-edit

also if i wasnt going to get a different car to modify, i probably would have gotten a set of these for the golf.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Technically your turbo is oem :p lol. But, seriously though I wasn't trying to argue or anything. I don't care whether anyone goes oem or aftermarket. These lights look great and it's a design no one will have since they are new. The only point I was trying to prove is that you can get oem xenons for about the same price now a days since demand for mk6 parts has went down due to the mk7. For me personally, I can't justify spending as much if not more money on aftermarket lights when for the same money I can go oem and have a solid headlight that won't cut out when you hit bumps and all the other problems most aftermarket headlights have. I am willing to accept I am wrong, maybe these are the best quality lights ever that are better than oem. I am just here sharing my opinion as everyone else is. You said no way oem costs the same as these lights unless it fell off a truck and I wanted to show you that they do cost as much as these lights. That is all.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Technically your turbo is oem :p lol. But, seriously though I wasn't trying to argue or anything. I don't care whether anyone goes oem or aftermarket. These lights look great and it's a design no one will have since they are new. The only point I was trying to prove is that you can get oem xenons for about the same price now a days since demand for mk6 parts has went down due to the mk7. For me personally, I can't justify spending as much if not more money on aftermarket lights when for the same money I can go oem and have a solid headlight that won't cut out when you hit bumps and all the other problems most aftermarket headlights have. I am willing to accept I am wrong, maybe these are the best quality lights ever that are better than oem. I am just here sharing my opinion as everyone else is. You said no way oem costs the same as these lights unless it fell off a truck and I wanted to show you that they do cost as much as these lights. That is all.

Lol how is my turbo OEM? Tell me how you came to that conclusion? Also, your point really hasn't been made. You can't get all the OEM parts new for the price of the Osram headlights. Yes, you can cobble together some used parts and cut some corners, but that's not how I like to do things. On top of that. The OEM xenons aren't even that good as far as being actual headlights. That is my point. Just because they are xenon doesn't mean they are good headlights. There's articles on how OEM headlights actually suck. Maybe these will suck too, but maybe they won't. They'll perform as good or better than my stock halogens and look way better than them too. That's all I care about.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Well the k04 is a turbo that comes oem on s3's golf R's and Ed 35 gti's lol. I didn't say your is oem I just said technically it's considered an "oem turbo upgrade" by most companies because they get an oem k04 turbo and machine it to fit the tsi. There are companies out there like I think hpa that make their own k04 or something a long those lines not to clear on that but again I said technically it is. Anyway, I am not trying to argue with you man I was just saying that yes you can put together a set of oem lights. Yes they'll be used and not brand new and the condition you get them in as well as how much you spend on them really just depends on how long you can wait to find the best deals possible. if you wait for the right set of lights you will have housing ready for a xenon swap for under 900 at the very least if not cheaper. But yes I do agree they will look and perform better than halogens and odds have it they will be great lights.