GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Today I washed my GTI in -4 *F weather.....darn leftover drops of water froze. It looks like it has some pimples!

Real first world problems bros!

not sure what you thought was going to happen

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Mine came mounted on bumper. Pissed me off when I learned there was a tow hook.

Did you originally get yours with tow-hook mounted or switch over and repair your bumper?

I switched it over and repaired the bumper. Bondo spot putty, touch-up paint, wet sand, rubbing/polishing compounds. It's not a perfect job but you can't tell unless you're up close and looking for it.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Had to get the salt brine off either way

i realllllly want to wash my car but with temp variations +17 / - 20 day over day.. snow/freezing rain/hail not to mention salt/dirt on the roads i find i once i wax before winter I don't wash the car til late March early April.. .car looks like a dirty white poodle through winter... suuuuuuucks :mad0259::cry::iono:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
i realllllly want to wash my car but with temp variations +17 / - 20 day over day.. snow/freezing rain/hail not to mention salt/dirt on the roads i find i once i wax before winter I don't wash the car til late March early April.. .car looks like a dirty white poodle through winter... suuuuuuucks :mad0259::cry::iono:
If you need to remove the salt film the only option is to go to the car wash, our Golf practically lives there to reduce minimize rusting, coz of VW bad paint with the early MK6.

I use these products from eShine.ca (no affiliation) on my garage queen sport cars.
https://www.eshine.ca/collections/w...carpro-ech2o-waterless-wash-concentrate-500ml
https://www.eshine.ca/collections/w...arpro-ech2o-waterless-wash-concentrate-1000ml

Cheers

torga

Autocross Champion

Ugh, same! Mine looks like a dusty black lump of coal for a third of the year.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I just washed mine yesterday. ONR FTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Have you dealt with VW corrosion warranty yet?
Pictures taken of the rust perforation on the wheel wells by VW Dealer Bodyshop, waiting months now for them to call but not holding my breath. At the time I was told that the dime sized stone chips on the hood and roof just above the windshield weren't covered.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

Same here

Once winter comes, I don't care anymore until spring time rolls around. It's just gonna (continue to) get trashed in winter

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Picked up my new wheel from powdercoating. Gotta try not to do that again.

H132

Ready to race!
New wheels and tires. TSW Bathursts 18x8.5 et43 wrapped in Yokohama AD08Rs in 235/40/18, on DG springs.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I spent a few hours working my R bumper again. I snapped in the valence parts on the bottom so I could see how it lined up underneath the car and at the fender wells. There was some trimming there I had to do, but it lines up perfect now.

I also knew I was going to have issues with my neuspeed intercooler being in the way, so I spent most of my time working on that. The hoses were in the way for both grill pieces on the side, so on the passenger side I trimmed off probably about 2 inches of the IC hose and 1 inch off the driver side and that gave me enough clearance for the grill pieces to fit. Except it didn't...once I had that fitting right I noticed the bottom corners of the bumper beam are in the way. That shouldn't be too big a deal for them to fix though.

The only other issue is gonna be 2 spots on the center grill need to be trimmed where it's pretty close to the IC. The spots only about an inch wide and only on the bottom slat, so not too much will have to be trimmed off. I'll let the body shop place take care of that one too.

I feel good about how it'll fit now though. The IC hoses being in the way were my biggest concern, but that's taken care of.

Also turns out the wheel neuspeed sent me as a replacement doesn't have a 57.1mm hub, so that was fun to discover while trying to install a freshly powdercoated wheel. At least they're 18's and 5x112, so I just need to figure out wth the hub size is.