GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Tires for my GTI Need Advice!!

Thanks to Bender, on these forums, I am running the Conti DWS. Haven't had the car for long but they seem good on dry roads and this past weekend I went for a drive in some nasty weather and they felt very solid.

I would suggest these as well.

are the dws narrower than conti sport 2s???

Nicks06TR

Ready to race!
Ok, I can get the ExtremeContact DWS for $160 each. Am I going to be satisfied with the DWS being that their treadwear rating is 520, opposed to the 380 of the DW? I think this is a pretty good deal for these tires, so I plan on jumping on it asap.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
The DW is an summer tire not capable of driving in snow. The DWS is an all season capable of driving in snow. You make the call based on your needs ;)

Nicks06TR

Ready to race!
I bit the bullet and got the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. They are quiet, very grippy, and they handle comparably or better than the pirelli pzero neros that came stock.

I don't need winter tires, I live in Florida. I just bought the DWS because they were cheaper and were going to last longer than the true summer tires.

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
I bit the bullet and got the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. They are quiet, very grippy, and they handle comparably or better than the pirelli pzero neros that came stock.

I don't need winter tires, I live in Florida. I just bought the DWS because they were cheaper and were going to last longer than the true summer tires.

Very good choice. Those Continental DWS tires are seriously the best all-season tires I've tried. From my experience, they're amazing in the rain too. I think that may prove useful in Florida.

VR6eric

Ready to race!

I had to replace my stock P-Zero Neros and went with DWS. So far, I am pretty pleased with them and have 1 issue and 1 minor issue over the course of 1500 miles:

1. aesthetically, they dont look as good as P-Zeros. I don't like the big Continental branding on the tire. They also seem to look like more of a rounded sidewall compared to P-Zero looks flatter.

2. the DWS seems a bit noisier to me. Not as quiet as P-Zeros. But I'm not sure if that's because I was involved in a small car accident and maybe I lost some sound quality in the interior of the cabin. I still need to test drive a 2011 and compare the interior cabin noise.

Overall, I like the DWS for the reviews and the cost. Plus, I've read that its a great all-season tire.

Good luck!

yukoncornelius

Ready to race!
I have Michelin Pilot Sport All season and they're pretty nice for an all season tire. More expensive than the conti's though so that's a downside.