GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEED HELP: need to show the dealership this

Antonio Monteiro

Ready to race!
Mine start perfectly fine, your guy is not being honest with your problem, must likely he doesn't know squad... Don't trust the Dealer guy! Good luck

allset

Go Kart Champion
no way should take 5 seconds.

tehHooligan

Ready to race!
It has never taken more than a second to start, even after sitting outside all night in the cold. Every other time it is instant.

dsm, I'm not exaggerating when I say 5 seconds, also temperature is not an issue because it's usually in the 70s here. When I went to the dealership and told them of this problem, the guy shrugged it off and said that it's a common problem for VW owners.

my mk5 gti had this stuttering start problem. But my mk6 has been perfect.

yout techie needs to stop being lazy. That is not normal in this day and age.

go ck out golfmk5 for simiar issues w/ fsi motor gtis.

09vdubgti

Banned
Yea sorry, I probably should have explained my problem:
An example would be when I start my car in the morning. When I try to start the engine, it doesn't start right away, it takes about 5 seconds. It sounds like it isn't catching. The ignition turns over longer than it should. So I just want you to verify if your car does this or not.

Mine does that every once every couple weeks.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Most definitely need to make a video of this to document it. Make sure you contact VWoA of this situation and definitely go to another dealership. Make sure you save all the documents that you got (including your visits to the original dealership that told you it was a "common problem"). Those are the things I can think of for you to start doing right now.

Stevec717

Ready to race!
Up here in Rochester, NY. I've had 0 degree (F) mornings and 60 degree days - never cranks more than a second before starting right up.

hankthetank

Passed Driver's Ed
I notice that after the car has not ran for at least eight hours, when i start her up it takes a few extra cranks to start (hot or cold outside, it does not matter) but it always starts up, never ever more than a second or 2

D

Deleted member 103021

In cold weather, mine takes slightly longer to start. But its nothing super noticeable.

Mine starts normally all the time!

Nicks06TR

Ready to race!
I have a similar, if not the same problem. Starting my car in the morning is usually just fine, but when I come out of work after 6-8 hours the car takes FOREVER to turn over. a few times I thought the car wasn't going to start at all. Let me know what you find out, I am considering taking mine in. Also, I noticed the problem first started last summer when it was extremely hot, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, because it has done it pretty often during the winter too.