GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Totaled?

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Totaled?...UPDATE: YES

Just want some opinions.
I'm definitely going to try to push for it. Not sure of any frame damage but the body did take a beating. Held up really well though in my opinion. All the safety systems did their job. Got t-boned by a focus running a red light going approx. 40mph according to the driver.

Just the side airbags went off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Happy you are OK. Nice to know the GTI holds up so well in a shunt. Airbags are not cheap & neither is time on a frame machine pulling it straight. I'm not a body man, but I'd figure your GTI is toast.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
i'm guessing the teenage girl in the picture is the focus driver.

I'd say 80% chance your Gti is totaled, mileage may vary.

My accident was a 45 mph collision me t-boning when an odyssey pulled out in front of me when i had right of way. The top pillar of the door gap was huygee on the odyssey compared to this and front wheel got negative camber. I felt almost nothing in my accident, these cars are amazing and i'm pretty confident that i'll walk just fine if i get in another accident like this.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Whos the chick? She looks cute.

But back on subject yeah id pray for totaled, which it most likely is.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Hah chick is my wife. The guy driving the focus was an 18 year old. Bought his car YESTERDAY. I felt bad for him. Sort of. I'm just pissed at myself for not seeing him coming. But I guess that's how accidents happen.
He had to have been texting or fiddling with something he had a red light for a good 5-10 seconds and he just came out of nowhere. The GTI did a 180.
Aside from being a little sore the GTI really took it like a champ. It could have been a lot worse.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
how are the conditions of the detroits on the other side? wanna sell me one or both if theyre super clean?

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Whos the chick? She looks cute.

But back on subject yeah id pray for totaled, which it most likely is.

how are the conditions of the detroits on the other side? wanna sell me one or both if theyre super clean?

LOL guy involved in accident, people asked about that chick and the condition of the wheels... loolllll :lol:
this forum.. just wow. :thumbsup:

Glad you are ok, I think u will get a MK7?

Anyway ...back to your wife...

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Hah chick is my wife. The guy driving the focus was an 18 year old. Bought his car YESTERDAY. I felt bad for him. Sort of. I'm just pissed at myself for not seeing him coming. But I guess that's how accidents happen.
He had to have been texting or fiddling with something he had a red light for a good 5-10 seconds and he just came out of nowhere. The GTI did a 180.
Aside from being a little sore the GTI really took it like a champ. It could have been a lot worse.

Congrats on the wife. :thumbsup::wub:

Also yeah he was definitely "distracted". Glad you're all good.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
It's done, no question. The frame looks concave at the rocker panel. No way a frame puller will get that just right. I'm with the other guys. Start looking for the next adventure.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Haha I was waiting for the part out posts. I actually parted the car a couple years ago as you can see in my signature...I think. So I'm glad it was mostly stock now.
But really though all the wheels are curbed thanks to my mom who kept the car for me for 2 years while I was away.
You know, I'm very attached to the car, I don't even know if I would be upset to get it back. I am looking at mk7s though just in case.

Other guys car just for fun

I'm surprised it took my exhaust off a hanger. After installing (and uninstalling) my Magnaflow I know how much of a bitch it is to pry the exhaust out of those stupid things!

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

For doing 180 thats a pretty good withstand. Must be sucks for the kid. And doesn't focus come with the speak text bluetooth thing, i think thats what he's fiddling with.

Start looking at MK7s :/

Meh i'd look at used mustang GT's if i would live in FL, but what do i know, i ended up with mk7 as well. :laugh: But i can tell you driving it eventually can get boring quick, but that may have to do with manual to dsg switch. Op take your time on cars, you'll become as satisfied.

rpandresen

Ready to race!
At one point I was told by an insurance adjuster that if the air bags go off there is a high likelihood of the car being "totaled". I assume it still holds true. Along with that much body damage I'd be surprised if it's not totaled