GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

(P0299) underboost/extremely high target boost levels

ksandman

Ready to race!
I’ve been searching and seems to be no one, or maybe about 2 people have experienced this issue.

I have a k04 with full supporting mods, but I did recently switch my diverter valve back to its stock location. It was previously relocated via Unitronic relocation kit.

I have a cel on for p0299 which is an underboost code. I’m hitting about 15psi but my target boost/requested boost values are high af. They’re about 40psi when the rpms starts climbing.

I’m either thinking my wastegate is messed up, or maybe my diverter valve has gone bad.

One thing I noticed when I switched the DV back to location on the turbo is that it does not whine like an owl like it would when the stock turbo was on. Maybe it just doesn’t whine with the k04 turbo? Or maybe my DV is not working properly and causing a serious boost leak which is causing my ecu to request those boost levels?

I have come across this:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16683/

And have ran through about everything but I’m still at a loss.

Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas?

I guess really the only thing to do is pressure test it at this point, but I’m posting for feedback.

Hopefully the turbo or wastegate is not failing. Doesn’t even have 10k miles on it.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raphaelpmc

underboost is a ghost that appear to the most. Trying look for a leak pressurizing the system cold situation, then blame de DV second most guilt. I am still running underboost because de DV can't handle with the psi, I am looking for a "DV" high boost. "Another is that the spring may still be too soft when you are building boost in excess of 25psi quickly".

ksandman

Ready to race!
underboost is a ghost that appear to the most. Trying look for a leak pressurizing the system cold situation, then blame de DV second most guilt. I am still running underboost because de DV can't handle with the psi, I am looking for a "DV" high boost. "Another is that the spring may still be too soft when you are building boost in excess of 25psi quickly".

My issue ended up being software related. This was happening in the first couple of revisions of my tune. My tune is just about finalized and I’m having no problems now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk