GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PENROSE GTI FOR SALE

Smok3

Nattaboy Council Member
You're actually doing it, huh? Sad day bro. Price seems about right. Good quality mods that shouldnt depreciate the car too much. Obviously well taken care of; accurate asking price IMO. Good luck man!

Last edited:

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
GLWS. You would probably do better parting it out. You have a lot of good parts that guys want and the dealer won't give you anything for them.

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
GLWS. You would probably do better parting it out. You have a lot of good parts that guys want and the dealer won't give you anything for them.

I'm aware of that. I would never leave the after market stuff on if I were to do a dealer trade in. I'm not that dumb. But I would sell it to a forum member or any VW enthusiast with all the goodies on it for the right price. That's why I have 2 prices.

What do you think a dealer would think of my shaved hood notch??

Would they like it? Hate it? Or not even notice it?

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
If the car looks good, no chips, dings etc. i think the notch may be just a wash, it won't increase the value, so that will be a loss to you on a trade in, if the tint is legal that will be fine, condition and mileage (your mileage is high for two years) are big trade in factors.

I guess i'll be one of the few left here in couple of years, my 2010. It will be with me for the duration, probably end up giving it to my granddaughter some day.

Good luck with your sale

EGarII

Ready to race!
Great car. If you do decide to part out, let me know, I'm interested in the LED tails and intake. GLWS.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Thanks guys. Great car, great forum

Do you think my prices are in the ballpark??

How much do you think I would get from a dealer as a trade in?

I had a modded '05 Cayenne handed down from my parents after they got their 2012 Cayenne, I went to the dealership to trade it in, as my parents wanted to get me a new Golf since Cayennes, older ones, are more prone to problems when out of warranty.

With the mods, it was worth around $25k private sale(with year price decrease, etc.), went to the VW Dealership and they offered me $16k with mods, and $20k with all OEM parts back on.

The thing about dealerships are they prefer OEM, go to one dealer and see how much they give you modded, and see how much they give you OEM, then you can choose the one higher, and if OEM is higher, you get more money in your pocket from parting out, as OEM cars have a bigger market to sell in, and modded cars don't have such a big market, which is understandable.

The price will sell privately if someone has falls in love with your car, so keep advertising!

GLWS or GLWT :)

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Damn, its sad to see you go man. Good luck! I actually considered purchasing your car to keep it in the community about a months ago, but finances werent there :(

McQueen77

Banned
so what are you driving now?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Vortex?.......It'll be bagged with a rusted hood and stretched tires in due time.