GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I avoid?

vondarius21

Ready to race!
Have a chance to get a 2012 GTI Autobahn for less than 20K, but the catch is it has 46,000 miles on it. I know I know. The carfax looks clean. Should I avoid this deal like the plague?

phuccer1

Ready to race!
For a car that is one year old and has 46,000 miles o.o I'd probably keep my options opened.

If it was a 2010 or 2011 it might make more sense to have that many miles on it. Me personally, I don't like to see that many miles on a car im purchasing.

99bajakid

Ready to race!
on the contrary, more miles = more highway miles which is easier than stop and go traffic.

mcgti6

Ready to race!
i agree w/ baja. it's always better to choose the car with 40k highway miles over a car w/ 20k of 5mile trips.

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
2012 can defeat ESP! Do it.

Via Tapatalk

vondarius21

Ready to race!
Thx for the replies

Thank you for all the feedback. I decided to go another direction, I couldn't bring myself to buy something that new, with that many miles on it. You just can't know what kind of abuse the car put up with in such a short span.

nevekd128

Ready to race!
Thank you for all the feedback. I decided to go another direction, I couldn't bring myself to buy something that new, with that many miles on it. You just can't know what kind of abuse the car put up with in such a short span.

You have to realize that even though its a MY 2012, the car could have easily been bought in the first wave of 2012's so possibly June 2011 could have been its first sell date. all things considered, that car could be 2 years old already

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
mileage is not that high... is this a DSG car.. was the maintenance done?