GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bilstein on back order :(

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Well it looks like Koni is the way to go! I'll prolly call today and change my order

If you get the kit that Dan shared let us know how it is. I just want to know for future knowledge if I ever want to switch it up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tifore

Ready to race!
Since I feel like this thread is active and at the top, I'll ask it here.

Which Koni model is going to be the closest to the Bilstein B8's?

Last edited:

Korydogg

Ready to race!
If you get the kit that Dan shared let us know how it is. I just want to know for future knowledge if I ever want to switch it up again.

I just changed my order to this kit. The gentleman I talked to said it will ship in a week. Once I get it installed I'll let you know.

Thanks!

I wouldn't know. This may be a question for the manufacturers themselves.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

There are only 3 Koni models

FSD's -- meant for stock/very mild dropping springs, non adjustable
STr.T's -- on the softer side, non adjustable
Sports -- Adjustable from soft to firm

So of those...I'd say the Sports, adjusted to your liking or on the firmer side to be comparable to the Bilsteins

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
It helps to get the part number from Bilstein and search with that instead of by application. FCP Euro has them in stock, and they're available on amazon as well.

35-158745 front struts
24-158756 rear shocks

Korydogg

Ready to race!

I ended up having to cancel my order with ECS. When it came time to ship I gave them a call and they said the Konis were on backorder until may 25th. So I called a local Vdub shop and they had some in a warehouse. So I ordered the Koni sports with eibach springs.....so I kind of made my own kit. It should all arrive this Monday and Ill be installing it the following weekend.

It helps to get the part number from Bilstein and search with that instead of by application. FCP Euro has them in stock, and they're available on amazon as well.

35-158745 front struts
24-158756 rear shocks

Thanks! I actually did that but I couldn't find anyone with them in stock. Most places online had them directly shipping from the manufacturer.....so I ended up making my own kit from the same parts ordered through a Vdub shop that had them in stock in a warehouse.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah it took me a while to find them actually in stock, too. I ended up getting the fronts from FCP, I must have snagged ECS's last in-stock rear, and the other rear came from amazon.

Korydogg

Ready to race!

Just finished the install and went for a quick drive. So far so good and I LOVE it! Sits at the perfect height and the car feels tighter and more responsive in the corners. I plan to play with the damper adjustments a bit after a week of driving but for now I'm so glad I decided to go this route. I also threw on some wheel spacers and the car sits perfect. Its midnight here so tomorrow when I get a chance to take a side shot Ill post a pic.

Thanks to everyone that had input in this thread. I'm glad I went with the Konis and didn't wait for the Bilsteins. golfmk6 forum for the win!

...now I just have to get my headlights leveled lol