GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Build your own RSR clutch kit - Parts list

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
UPDATE: Finally got my clutch install yesterday. pedal feel is so much more firmer than stock. not good for my bad left knee. Hope it gets softer as it breaks in. I could already tell this RSR clutch grabs harder even without driving it hard. Engagement is definitely lower than stock. will update when 500mi break in is done.

For what it's worth, I felt like my pedal got a bit softer after break in. Not sure if it actually got softer or if I just got used to it. Either way, this clutch is by no means stiff in comparison to many out there.

ClassA13

I was about to put together my kit but I went to HSTuning and the same kit is only like $50 more. In some of the stuff when putting it together I might have to pay shipping so it would come almost equal. Am I missing something or ordering the wrong stuff? I used the same links provided and also researched on other sites and it comes down to about the same.
Any input will be appreciated.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
I was about to put together my kit but I went to HSTuning and the same kit is only like $50 more. In some of the stuff when putting it together I might have to pay shipping so it would come almost equal. Am I missing something or ordering the wrong stuff? I used the same links provided and also researched on other sites and it comes down to about the same.
Any input will be appreciated.

I was able to put together the stuff in the base RSR clutch kit (does not include flywheel/tranny fluid/clutch installation tool) for $610/shipped. That's a good savings over the $1k HS Tuning kit. Check the link in my signature for a list of parts and where I sourced them.

ClassA13

I was able to put together the stuff in the base RSR clutch kit (does not include flywheel/tranny fluid/clutch installation tool) for $610/shipped. That's a good savings over the $1k HS Tuning kit. Check the link in my signature for a list of parts and where I sourced them.

So I can use my existing flywheel?
I don’t have problems with my clutch right now on stage 2 but as I’m upgrading to a K04 I know I will be needing it.

Edit: I just read your list again and noticed the used flywheel you got and a few other things.

Last edited:

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
my rsr clutch with new DMFW going in this Saturday. also doing the rear main seal with iAbed rms kit. looking forward to not slipping.!! inal

UPDATE: Finally got my clutch install yesterday. pedal feel is so much more firmer than stock. not good for my bad left knee. Hope it gets softer as it breaks in. I could already tell this RSR clutch grabs harder even without driving it hard. Engagement is definitely lower than stock. will update when 500mi break in is done.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

the engagement point starts very low but will be higher, similar to stock, after break-in. I think mine feels softer after break-in but maybe I just got used to it.

can you do PT on the knee to remedy that problem?

dynamisoz

Passed Driver's Ed
the engagement point starts very low but will be higher, similar to stock, after break-in. I think mine feels softer after break-in but maybe I just got used to it.

can you do PT on the knee to remedy that problem?

Sorry.... What do yo mean by PT?...

dynamisoz

Passed Driver's Ed
Physical therapy
oh.. its not that bad... plus i aint got that kind of money when im tryin to go BT. hehe

kerp

Ready to race!
oh.. its not that bad... plus i aint got that kind of money when im tryin to go BT. hehe

Just look up exercises yourself, the majority of physical therapists are kooks. Strengthening your hips/glutes can really do wonders for your knee. Alleviated about 95% of my knee pain.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion

BT over health? Haha, I guess. I'm way too active, so I get priority over a car any day.

It can't be that minor if you brought up concern about using the clutch. Not trying to preach, but putting in the time now to fix it while you can is better than having regrets later.

And yeah, you can look up stuff on your own. My PT experiences have been pretty lame but doing my own research filled in the gaps and I got results. Just takes some time and work. Good luck.

clipster

Passed Driver's Ed
Just looking over your thread. I believe nothing is really wrong with my flywheel as it is just a tad bit over 50k miles. (mostly highway miles).

It's just that I cannot shift gears when the car is on, but I can when the car is off. Searching didn't yield much answers except the I didn't know until now that we have crappy clutches and that i most likely broke the pressure plate.

I want to go the same route you did but like to know or how to Check if the flywheel needs to be replaced. Thanks!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

aeffertz

Passed Driver's Ed
You guys getting a core deposit back for sending back your stock GTI pressure plate and disc? Or are we eating that core charge?

aeffertz

Passed Driver's Ed
Well just placed all my orders. Looks like you guys snagged up the parts at a better price on almost everything. Still over $100 cheaper than the HS kit, though.

$886 for new pressure plate, clutch disc, dual-mass flywheel, throwout bearing and necessary hardware shipped to my door. Many, many thanks everyone for the info! Can't wait to not have a slipping clutch anymore and actually feel what my stage 2 tune actually feels like! :D

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Well just placed all my orders. Looks like you guys snagged up the parts at a better price on almost everything. Still over $100 cheaper than the HS kit, though.

$886 for new pressure plate, clutch disc, dual-mass flywheel, throwout bearing and necessary hardware shipped to my door. Many, many thanks everyone for the info! Can't wait to not have a slipping clutch anymore and actually feel what my stage 2 tune actually feels like! :D

That's a great price for all those parts. Putting down Stage 2 power with no slipping is a great feeling. :D