Thoughts: Golf 6 GTi stage 2 vs Audi TT 2011 stock

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
running octane boost.

uhhhh...

For real?

rizu9243

Passed Driver's Ed
So just back from running my mate and his TT. Did'nt really go as smoothly as we planned as most of the good stretches were busy and there were LOTSA cops about. Spent most of the time driving around to find a quiet road. Apologies for not getting videos but our friend who was gonna record it had something come up.

So here's how it went:

Multiple rolling runs from 20-30-40 km/h --- GTi ahead on all runs. After 2nd the GTi starts to open up and from 3rd onwards the car stretches its legs and keeps pulling. We tapped off on all runs at about 180- 190 km/h. Had to mention though on 20 km/h runs there was still quite abit of wheelspin so I didn't pull away as easily at first but still opened on the top. Couldn't gauge the gap but except for the 20 km/h runs it was atleast 2-3 cars when we tapped off.

Off the dig--- had a few runs not all perfect cos of lights not going our way or traffic. For most runs we were either level till 2nd or with me just slightly ahead going into 3rd, but after 3rd I opened up on him. Some roads were not the best and with worse wheelspin he got ahead by a bonnet length on two launches but i reeled him in and passed after 3rd. There was one run were my launch was perfect and I managed to get traction early and that was game over for him from 2nd.

All in all I'm happy with the results, but I have to state that I have more respect for the new spec TT having finally run one. It glides effortlessly of the line and the exhaust note and turbo dump sound awesome.