GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Wheelskin Installed on 2.5

jbondbmw

Ready to race!
After getting used to a leather steering wheel in my '95 BMW, I knew I had to do something about the polyurethane wheel in my 2.5 Golf.

So after 4 hours work I went from this:

to this:

Feel free to comment away.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I am sure it feels better in your hands.... But it looks like a bondage outfit to me, not sure what other options there are without changing the steering wheel.

shanexh

Passed Driver's Ed
I can see you took your delicate time doing that, and the craftsmanship seems reasonably good, but it is definitely an eye sore (no offense). Might look better if you added more stitching.

If all you were going for is the feel, I have no doubt that it would feel better. You should look into whether there are any decent aftermarket steering wheels you can get (doesn't look like you got any buttons on there, just horn and airbag), but it won't be as cheap that's for sure.

shanexh

Passed Driver's Ed
I bet if you added more stitching and at the points were the leather doesn't meet you added a thin piece of leather that wraps around the edges it'd probably look a lot better.

Otherwise have you looked into any manufactured steering wheel covers, I bet some of those can look pretty decent?

ohsnapzombies

Ready to race!
tighten stitching around the 3 steering wheel points....if you like it, keep it. i'd prefer gripping leather too. not bad for $40

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Yuck... Find a new wheel! Check wreckers and ebays and everywhere! Like someone that swapped to a mfsw... Maybe you can find a flat bottom gti wheel?

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
haters gonna hate. best option you can do without replacing the wheel. good stiching man.

my GF has an MKV jetta and the top of her wheel is all jacked up. i bought her one of these and i am installing it here shortly for her as a surprise. she was about to go buy one of those cheap slip on covers that just chews the wheel up even more.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk witg erroes

inc55

Go Kart Champion
I bought an R-line steering wheel for 300 from eBay. Brand new with buttons and you can use your old airbag. This wheel cover looks likes crap as does the steering wheel.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Not my cup of tea, but looks like a good match, color and stitch of the gear shift boot. If it could be tightened a little on the wheel columns it would improve the overall appearance. Work with it a little more.