GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI 337 edition - exhaust?

00noma

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone,

I know it's a MK6 forum but some of you may have experience with MK4 GTI exhausts.

What would everyone recommend for a 337 that can be purchased locally?

If anyone has a 337 or 20AE with an aftermarket exhaust I'd love to meet up in person to hear it.

Looking to buy something nice for spring, stainless, single outlet, keeping an OEM+ profile on my car.

I'm in Ajax

Candubber

Ready to race!
Hey everyone,

I know it's a MK6 forum but some of you may have experience with MK4 GTI exhausts.

If anyone has a 337 or 20AE with an aftermarket exhaust I'd love to meet up in person to hear it.

Looking to buy something nice for spring, stainless, single outlet, keeping an OEM+ profile on my car.

I'm in Ajax

I recommend an APR TB 2.5 exhaust it a bit expensive but well worth it (~$1300 back in 2003) - great quality,great fitment and sounds great not too loud with real nice low sound.

other companies which were very popular when the 20th came out:

GHL - very loud
Milteck - quiet but $$$$ - awesome quality
eurojet - didn't exist when I bought mine LOL

I bought my 20th new and had it installed for 9 years(then sold the car) - only thing keep your stock DP/cat for emmissions and have a shop modify it to work with the APR for direct swap, and if you are not running a stage 2 tune you will get a CEL - you can fix this by using an O2 sensor spacer (42 draft design sells them)

I bought mine from euroline performance which is far from you but maybe someone else can chime in for another option where to purchace...

let me know if you need more info

missing my 20th... sigh...tear ;-(

Frank@KMD1

Go Kart Champion
Hey everyone,

I'm in Ajax

Check out our website.
We have MKIV exhausts!! (337,20th's and GTI 1.8T)

Link to Exhausts:
KMDTUNING

Let me know if you need anything! I'm happy to assist. :thumbsup:

Boostaholic1

Ready to race!
I recommend an APR TB 2.5 exhaust it a bit expensive but well worth it (~$1300 back in 2003) - great quality,great fitment and sounds great not too loud with real nice low sound.

other companies which were very popular when the 20th came out:

GHL - very loud
Milteck - quiet but $$$$ - awesome quality
eurojet - didn't exist when I bought mine LOL

I bought my 20th new and had it installed for 9 years(then sold the car) - only thing keep your stock DP/cat for emmissions and have a shop modify it to work with the APR for direct swap, and if you are not running a stage 2 tune you will get a CEL - you can fix this by using an O2 sensor spacer (42 draft design sells them)

I bought mine from euroline performance which is far from you but maybe someone else can chime in for another option where to purchace...

let me know if you need more info

missing my 20th... sigh...tear ;-(

Now this makes me sad to.. missing the 20th club :( sniffle

wbean

attention whore
i sold a TON of 42 draft design 20th anniversary exhaust. They have a fantastic fitment and the tips are perfect for the bumper cut out. Only downside is you're in toronto so the galved steel might not be your best friend. they're good price at around $400-500 bucks depending on how you configure them too.

to be honest they are all the same 1.8T sound .. not much difference btw 20th/337 and standard 1.8t gti .. not like they came with a k04 from factory .. only big difference is it's a 6 speed instead of 5 speed .. minor differences are the seats, brakes, sound system, badges, 18" aristos and the lip kits .. all of which are easy conversions and easy to source out.