GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Imperial Cruiser with Plaid?

Wykdtron

Ready to race!
Well as promised here is my build thread. Its a 2011 4 door GTI DSG in the Carbon Steel Gray color.

First I bought the car 2.5 yrs ago at a VW dealer as a CPOed Car. Since then I have put on approximately 25,000 miles. and I am currently sitting with 44,000 miles. In the first 10,000 miles I did have a few kinks I had to work out with the car. When I got the Car I had a leaky rear window sprayer fixed. A month after that I had the wastegate clip rattle. I brought it in for them to repair the rattle and got a call saying that they were going to replace the turbo:iono:. So my car got a new turbo at 28,000 miles. At 30,000 miles I cracked the stock 18 inch Detroit wheels on a pot whole so I switched to 17s. Since then the car has been trouble free and runs like a champ. Only regret is getting a Darker color car in a state with road salt....

Here is my mod list:
Apr Stage 1 at 36,000 miles (seriously amazing mod)
R8 red-top coils (blew a coil within 10 hours of Tune)
NGK Laser Platinum Spark Plugs
Nokya Artic Yellow fog lights
Green Filter
17 inch Andros Spec D matte grey with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 (summer)
16 inch Momo Winters 2 with Michelin Ice X3 (winter)
Splash Gaurds
Red plasti-dip on GTI Logos
Black plasti-dip on VW logos
Plaid VW logo insert
GTI seat lift insert
Dead button stickers
Monster mats
Imperial Crest Window sticker
35% Tint on rear window

Pictures!
Stock Pics (boring)

Interior

Lights on

Summer Setup

Winter Setup

Future Plans
Plasti-Dip Winter wheels bronze or gold (summer project)
Replace brakes with better pads and better rotors.
LED Tail Lights
Possible Down pipe and upgrade exhaust system.

:headbang:

Last edited:

Wykdtron

Ready to race!
Fathers Fun Car

Thought I would make this build thread more interesting by posting a few pics of my Fathers fun car. Its a 2012 Ford Mustang Roush RS3 (540HP and 465 ft/lbs of torque) and. We picked it up last summer in Georgia with 3,500 miles on it and brought it back to MN. It was traded in at a Honda dealer for an Accord because original owner couldn't afford it. This thing kicks ass and hauls ass. We have got it up to 180 mph (not public road fyi). It sounds like a dream and makes every body stop and stare. Also my Mother calls it Captain America (she thinks its a bit to flashy). I have driven it and its a riot. Its extremely powerful and it could easily burn off all the rubber on the tires. The only issues I have with the cars are lots of blind spots, so so interior, and extremely heavy clutch.
Enjoy!

Last edited:

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
nice start. I like your summer wheels and hadn't seen them before. Since you're in MN i dont think youll mind me copying you on those theyre so cheap! What made you go 17"?

Wykdtron

Ready to race!
nice start. I like your summer wheels and hadn't seen them before. Since you're in MN i dont think youll mind me copying you on those theyre so cheap! What made you go 17"?

Well I would have loved to put 18s back on but, the problem is MN has some very large pot holes and I cracked one of the stock Detroits on a pothole that was unavoidable due to traffic. At that point I just decided I would go with a lighter weight 17 inch wheel. Also I absolutely do not mind if you go with the Andros Spec D. I love the way it looks and have been extremely happy with the build quality. They do make them in 18 inch if you want to stay with the larger wheel size.

I will add that the 17 inch wheel does make the ride a lot smoother and less bumpy which is nice for long road trips and my 30 min commute. If this wasn't a daily driver I would have 18s or 19s.

Hope that helps!

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Well I would have loved to put 18s back on but, the problem is MN has some very large pot holes and I cracked one of the stock Detroits on a pothole that was unavoidable due to traffic. At that point I just decided I would go with a lighter weight 17 inch wheel. Also I absolutely do not mind if you go with the Andros Spec D. I love the way it looks and have been extremely happy with the build quality. They do make them in 18 inch if you want to stay with the larger wheel size.

I will add that the 17 inch wheel does make the ride a lot smoother and less bumpy which is nice for long road trips and my 30 min commute. If this wasn't a daily driver I would have 18s or 19s.

Hope that helps!

Do you find the 17s to feel any different hard cornering with that little bit more of a sidewall?

Wykdtron

Ready to race!
My car actually seems to handle better since I switched to the 17 inch wheels. The problem with that is I think my Michelin pilot sport A/S 3 tires are so much better than the stock Pirellis that everything seemed to improve even though I put on a smaller wheel. There are a few threads on this forum that discuss the differences here is a link to one. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52497