GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking to put new rims and tires on my 2.5l 2010 mk6 and need help

Whiteboat31

Hey guys I'm looking at putting new rims and tires on my 2010 2.5l and Im pretty new at this so I have no clue about sizing for this stuff... should I get 17's or 18's? What size tire should I run? I want fairly thin sidewalls but nothing that's gonna give me too rough of a ride and what kinda offset/ how wide of a rim do I need to get them sitting at the fenders for a really agressive look? I want to put the h&R super sport springs (1.6-8in lower) on it as well so I don't want it to rub... any help would be awesome!

jordy6

Passed Driver's Ed
18" looks better 17" is more comfortable also you should look if your brakes fit but if you have stock brakes that shouldn't give any problems, a rim 8" wide with et40 offset will make the wheels go perfectly flush with the fenders, any lower will poke out a bit any higher will tuck in a bit, i wouldn't go lower than et40 on an 8" wide rim because that i'll rub. I don't know if any wider wheels would fit i have no experience with that, but there are plenty with 8.5 or even 9.5 wide. If you want wider or narrower wheels you can use this formula to see how it lines up with the fender. 1/2*(with of rim in inch*25.4)-offset. If the outcome is about 61 it should be flush, any lower the wheel goes in by the difference in mm, any higher it goes out. For tires just go to a tire shop they'll always put on the right size tire. You can't just choose the tire size because the diameter of the entire wheel must be the same otherwise the speedo, distances meter or even abs will be messed up

Correct me if i'm wrong i'm not an expert either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whiteboat31

Thanks man, I'll probably go with the 18's then, looking at the Radi8 wheels r8t12 so I'd have to go with an 8.5 with et40 offset ya that's true, I had a truck before this with 36x14's on it and the speedo was way out to lunch cuz of the tire change ��