GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CT Transmission Shop

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I'm gonna be changing my clutch sometime soon and also gonna be putting a LSD in. I'll be able to do the clutch myself but I don' want to try the LSD. Anyone know any good transmission shops in CT I can bring it to that will do a good job installing the LSD while I have the transmission out of the car?

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Not sure which part of the state you're from, but Speed Sport Tuning in Danbury has done several things (e.g. IM, fuel pump, carbon cleanings, water pump) on my GTI and I've been very happy with their work and pricing.

Top. Top.

Wouldn't trust anyone else to touch my ride.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
If you want to got down to Nj, Drive auto works is great

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
+1 for Xlr8. They do an amazing job. Been there probably 3 times now with my gti. They installed my stage 3 daily silent south bend clutch, and did my timing chain tensioner/ cam bridge maintenance.

They will not let you down. You do pay for their services but I have never been disappointed. Anything big and complicated I don't hesitate to send their way.

Yomillio

Ready to race!
I'd recommend Excelerate in the Southwest region of CT and Coventry Motorcar in the Northeast region. Both are knowledgeable, friendly... everything you'd want.

Best of luck!

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I'm gonna be changing my clutch sometime soon and also gonna be putting a LSD in. I'll be able to do the clutch myself but I don' want to try the LSD. Anyone know any good transmission shops in CT I can bring it to that will do a good job installing the LSD while I have the transmission out of the car?

Excelerate Performance does a nice job, but knowing them they will prefer to do the whole job. I've talked to them about having stuff installed "while out of the car" and they don't like to do it.

Speedsport tuning is another good option, depending on your location.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Excelerate Performance does a nice job, but knowing them they will prefer to do the whole job. I've talked to them about having stuff installed "while out of the car" and they don't like to do it.

Speedsport tuning is another good option, depending on your location.
I think I'm just gonna have one shop do the whole thing, clutch kit, tob, rear main, shift forks, lsd, and transmission fluid. I'll look into excelerate and the shop you mentioned

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Noodle1

Ready to race!
drive auto is much cheaper than excelerate yet they are still a very reputable vw audi shop, highly recommend them

smanierre

Autocross Champion
drive auto is much cheaper than excelerate yet they are still a very reputable vw audi shop, highly recommend them
Where are they located

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk