GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got my windows tinted @ SD Tint

vegabok

I just want to give a shoutout to the guys at SD Tint for a job I'm really happy about. I got all my windows (except the front windshield), tail-lights and side-markers tinted various shades. Everyone I talked to there was really laid back and really made me feel I came to the right place. I met the owner Andrew, and realized that guy will really do a lot to keep his customers happy.

Anyway, I recommend you check them out if you're gonna get some work done.

Here's some pics to highlight what I liked so much.

The back window is curved so much that it's pretty difficult to get it just right, but my window is flawless. They really put the effort into it.

A couple detail shots to show how much attention they pay to the edges, ensuring they roll in and look perfect.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Very nice. Super clean with all the blacked out features.

I did the same to mine (minus tails - getting LED) and it is night and day.

drtyjrsy

Ready to race!
Thanks man appreciate the love. by the way the roof came out great ill get some pictures up in the cosmetic section in a few days. :thumbsup:

vegabok

You almost make me wish I bought a CW. Don't think I could put a vinyl roof on this color.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Beautiful car and they did a great job, how dark is the tint they used on the lights and the windows? Also do you know the name of the product that they used?

peace

vegabok

Pretty sure it was 40% light transmission on the side windows, 30% on the back window. Not sure what they used on the tail-lights, though lots of people seem to like Lamin-X. I copied drtyjrsy's car pretty much, I saw his MK6 GTI and said something to the effect of make mine look like that :p

Maybe he can shed some light on the situation.

drtyjrsy

Ready to race!
The tail lights were a brand of vinyl called Oracal 8300. the main tail lights are maybe a 40% and the markers are a darker 20%. Most of the precut kits you buy off ebay are the oracal brand because its easier to work with then the Lamin-X and a bit cheaper plus better quality.

Tint is a Solargard Ultra Performance 20% on the hatch and a 30% on the 4 doors.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
The tail lights were a brand of vinyl called Oracal 8300. the main tail lights are maybe a 40% and the markers are a darker 20%. Most of the precut kits you buy off ebay are the oracal brand because its easier to work with then the Lamin-X and a bit cheaper plus better quality.

Tint is a Solargard Ultra Performance 20% on the hatch and a 30% on the 4 doors.

Thanks, since i am on the other coast, i may end up doing it myself. Once again beautiful workmanship.

peace

drtyjrsy

Ready to race!
Thanks, since i am on the other coast, i may end up doing it myself. Once again beautiful workmanship.

peace

the tail lights and 3rd brake light are pretty challenging the markers are strait forward. if you can get your hands on one a steamer is the key for the high curve applications.

drtyjrsy

Ready to race!
I live in San Diego and was looking for a tint job. Drtyjrsy. Do you work at Sd tint? Can i PM you?

yea i run our la mesa location and we opened one up in sorrento valley about 7 months ago. your welcome to PM tho my names mike. thanks