GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 02-18-2016, 10:48 PM   #169
ClaytonBrown
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antimatter View Post
I mean you could, but with FWD I would never race from a dig. But if you do, just floor it and go with the max RPM it allows, which is a little over 3,000.

I've only used launch control when trying to get a good 0-60.

APR Stage 2 plus an interior that's superior.
Gunna run some tests tomorrow, but my theory is if I only rev to 2000 I might not burn the tires too badly... Would love to find an rpm that doesnt burn them at all though. Figured someone may have mastered that by now if it's possible.
2013 GTI Autobahn DSG, APR Stage 2, Magnaflow Catback, APR Downpipe, APR 1&2 Intake, Black Powder Coated Legunas & OEM Racks, HR Sport Springs, 10mm & 15mm ECS Spacers, clear side markers, custom emblems.
ClaytonBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:10 PM   #170
rawbdog
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: Bird shit stained cute snatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12bluemk6 View Post
Yes. They're slow

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS | Driver mod 😉
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
They're all heavy AF, so in turn they're all slow AF... lol
So stage 2/2+ is the sweet spot to beat them. Nice to know.
rawbdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:00 AM   #171
SELA_MK6GTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives:
Wrx hatch while stock, will be stage 2 on Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SELA_MK6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:26 AM   #172
12bluemk6
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 MKVI GTI - Stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbdog View Post
So stage 2/2+ is the sweet spot to beat them. Nice to know.
Well 2 isn't quite enough to beat them, but you can definitely hang with them. 100oct might pull a little til 100 our turbos are just too small for those speeds

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS | Driver mod 😉
12bluemk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:42 AM   #173
12bluemk6

Pulled a 350z pretty hard. Got in front of him in fast lane after he was swerving around traffic to catch up to me so I gunned it and after falling back a bus length he crosses 5 lanes and got off at the exit😂😂

Old 02-20-2016, 12:31 PM   #174
SELA_MK6GTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12bluemk6 View Post
Pulled a 350z pretty hard. Got in front of him in fast lane after he was swerving around traffic to catch up to me so I gunned it and after falling back a bus length he crosses 5 lanes and got off at the exit

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS | Driver mod

Love when they do that lol or the famous left/right turn at the next available light/street

Old 02-28-2016, 07:25 PM   #175
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
Got off the exit with an infinity q60s and right before we pulled up to the light it turned green and we were in different lanes, so we both floored it after the turn. It was probably like a 25 mph roll and I was in 3rd gear and he could just barely keep up, and then he gave up.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 02:26 AM   #176
dknguyenn

Drives: '13 GTI 6MT
Usually don't post about this stuff, but I thought it was an interesting one since nobody actually races these damn things...

Current model IS350 almost jumps out into the lane in front of me and I blare on the horn...Got to the light and was about to turn onto the access road and he's on my ass HARD. I drove normally and he was on it before I even straightened back out. Punched it and he stayed a car and a half behind me up till about 110 and I let off and he flew by. Pulled up behind him to show off my freshly installed euro plate "EuraB!tch" LOL.
Unitronic Stage 2+ | Spec Stage 3 Clutch | Uni Intake | Audi R8 Coilpacks | CTS Catch Can | CTS TB Pipe | Neuspeed TOP| ARM Motorsports FMIC | Dieselgeek SS | Catless Downpipe w/ Custom Quad Exhaust | BC BR Coilovers | Eurosport X Brace
dknguyenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:22 AM   #177
ashchuckton
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Base CSG DSG
Why to use the track.....

http://abc7.com/news/street-race-lea...merce/1221459/
Old 03-02-2016, 10:28 AM   #178
12bluemk6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashchuckton View Post
Wow ... Idiots! Hope they get what they deserve

Last edited by 12bluemk6; 03-02-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:54 AM   #179
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '13 MKVI GTI
Came across a brand new STI on the freeway this morning, we jockeyed traffic a bit, he ended up a few cars in front of me and got an opening and took off. I finally got an opening and took off to catch up. Once I get about 2 bus lengths behind him, I'm doing about 80 at this point trying to catch up, he goes WOT so I put it to the floor. Took it way faster than I normally would...I really don't like going that fast, even on what turned into an empty freeway, but by 135 I had gone from 2 bus lengths back to 2 cars back and I was still pulling ever so slightly (like, really crawling). If I had another 1/2 a mile to go, I might have passed him...MAYBE...but I don't honestly know, it seemed to have evened out pretty well.

Despite not lining up side by side, probably the closest race I've had yet.
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
syonxwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:15 PM   #180
SELA_MK6GTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by syonxwf View Post
Came across a brand new STI on the freeway this morning, we jockeyed traffic a bit, he ended up a few cars in front of me and got an opening and took off. I finally got an opening and took off to catch up. Once I get about 2 bus lengths behind him, I'm doing about 80 at this point trying to catch up, he goes WOT so I put it to the floor. Took it way faster than I normally would...I really don't like going that fast, even on what turned into an empty freeway, but by 135 I had gone from 2 bus lengths back to 2 cars back and I was still pulling ever so slightly (like, really crawling). If I had another 1/2 a mile to go, I might have passed him...MAYBE...but I don't honestly know, it seemed to have evened out pretty well.

Despite not lining up side by side, probably the closest race I've had yet.

You would've won, I slapped one of those new model STIs around the other day and an evo right after the STI quickly changed lanes to exit. It was my first time trying out stage 2 against you know faster cars and I was really surprised

Old 03-02-2016, 02:19 PM   #181
MK6_Marco
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI DSG
'13 Honda Accord with a fart can. Turned left from a turning lane while he was behind me and after we turned he got into the other lane he gunned it. After I heard his weed whacker fire up I put the peddle on the floor and left him in the rear view.
MK6_Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:52 AM   #182
Screwby25
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SELA_MK6GTI View Post
You would've won, I slapped one of those new model STIs around the other day and an evo right after the STI quickly changed lanes to exit. It was my first time trying out stage 2 against you know faster cars and I was really surprised

I raced a friends 16 STI Limited. It was dead even. I'm stage 2 with a TOP.
Screwby25 is offline   Reply With Quote