GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Vancouver/BC Chat Thread

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
Where are you lower mainland guys getting your APR tunes? RPI equipped? Any feedback?

Ive been told by the mechs at my VW dealership that RPI have screwed up a couple customers ecu's told me to be cautious of them. When I get a tune Ill probably go to CTS Turbo in langley and get unitronic or something.

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
Where are you lower mainland guys getting your APR tunes? RPI equipped? Any feedback?

I've been dealing with RPI for the past many years and never a problem.

Warren, Tom and the guys are great and won't steer you wrong.
:thumbsup:

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
Ive been told by the mechs at my VW dealership that RPI have screwed up a couple customers ecu's told me to be cautious of them. When I get a tune Ill probably go to CTS Turbo in langley and get unitronic or something.

That's probably your mechanics just trying to scare you off modding your car. RPI has been doing things right for a long time.

Not saying things don't go wrong once in a while, but this happens to everyone. There was once a time when I wouldn't have had HPA work on my doghouse(if I'd have had one), but now they're a pretty top notch outfit too.

Even RPI, when Dustin owned it, he was a total flake and pretty much ran RPI into the ground until Warren bought and had to rebuild the company.

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!

That's probably your mechanics just trying to scare you off modding your car. RPI has been doing things right for a long time.

Not saying things don't go wrong once in a while, but this happens to everyone. There was once a time when I wouldn't have had HPA work on my doghouse(if I'd have had one), but now they're a pretty top notch outfit too.

Even RPI, when Dustin owned it, he was a total flake and pretty much ran RPI into the ground until Warren bought and had to rebuild the company.

You're probably right, do they only do Apr tunes or could you get anyone ?

You're probably right, do they only do Apr tunes or could you get anyone ?

Seeing that they are the ONLY apr dealer in Vancouver, you really don't have a choice to where you can go. Another option is to crack the ECU out and ship it to APR directly, you can either do that yourself or by a shop, but you will be out of a car for a week or more. I can't say I have similar experience with RPI myself, but Tom (the mechanic) is fantastic and hes responsible and careful. I got my stage 2 APR done there and 0 problems.

Frazam

Thanks for the input everyone - I was considering RPI as well (mainly because they're the only option) so it's good to hear some feedback on them. Guess I have to arrange a trip over from the island soon...my 2012 is sitting at 3000kms and I'm dying for a stage 1 tune.

KO7

Ready to race!
Thanks for the input everyone - I was considering RPI as well (mainly because they're the only option) so it's good to hear some feedback on them. Guess I have to arrange a trip over from the island soon...my 2012 is sitting at 3000kms and I'm dying for a stage 1 tune.

2012 with 3000 kms? Damn, that car is practically brand new.