GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SB drop in disc revised edition?

Project2010GTI

Ready to race!
No, do it right the first time. Get the HS tuning RSR kit and be done with it.

I agree with this. I was going to wait and get the rsr but I am not building a 500 hp monster so I figured I'd spend the same money for a clutch and install vs just getting a better clutch.

I know I should have waited but I'm going to cross my fingers and wish for the best.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
not 100% true DXD stage 4 options you can get an unsprung hub disc

Well, I should have been a bit more specific.. *most* real clutches have a sprung hub, but you can get unsprung race style setups, but they are like an on / off switch if you have a single piece flywheel

Project2010GTI

Ready to race!
I had the drop in disc installed today. My initial thoughts are all positive.

I drove about 100 miles today just to get a good feel for the pedal. The clutch pedal is about 30% stiffer now. I'm not sure if this is due to the pressure plate being reloaded or the actual disc. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in on that.

I do not have any increased noises but I do have a slight vibration when I release the clutch pedal in 1st gear and reverse. I used to baby the clutch while sitting at red lights, inching up til it turned green. I won't be doing that anymore.

The feel of the clutch in gears 2-6 feel so much better to me. Now I can feel exactly when the disc locks in and I'm in gear.

I have not driven it hard yet so in a week or 2 I will update this again.

Project2010GTI

Ready to race!
I now have 1k miles of break in. The vibrations I was getting during initial acceleration in first have decreased 50% or so. I am revving much higher now. I give it about 20% more throttle and pop the clutch. I wish I was able to explain it better. Bottom line is it has handled all the stage 2 power and my crazy driving. I barely notice a difference in feel except in the initial acceleration of first gear from time to time.. highly recommend it.

Project2010GTI

Ready to race!
Update: After 2,000 miles I don't have a single bit of chatter/vibration at all. The car holds stage 2 power and in every gear flooring the pedal up to 140mph. The pedal feels very stock like with a lot more bite when shifting quickly. I have not driven a gti with the feramic drop in to compare them but I highly recommend this revised model.

Project2010GTI

Ready to race!
I drive in morning traffic every morning for 20 miles. At first I was worried I wouldnt get used to the vibration in first gear, but I quickly changed how I drive to adapt to the clutch. Now, I can honestly say it is as oem like as possible. It's not stiff, not soft, just perfect.

Wilkz

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got mines for sale now but I may end up keeping it after this. I was worried with my mileage (43k) that i would have to buy a new oem flywheel and pp. i don't plan on going past stage 2, so i might just keep it and see how it holds up. glad to know that it's not terrible in traffic either.

Project2010GTI

Ready to race!
Don't sell it. It's a huge improvement over stock and great for stage 2. In February I'm going frankenturbo and than I'll see what this disc can handle. Southbend rates it to hold 400 ft lb

BlackedOutMkv

Ready to race!
I think I might have to pull the trigger on this, my clutch is toast right now. I'm revo stage 1 with intake and cat back and I can't accelerate at highway speeds anymore lol. Btw, thanks a ton for your review bro.

I don't see this disc on the USP site, so do I have to contact them directly for this product?