GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone use Carista to change features?

emanix

Never heard of the app until I saw your post, so I went ahead and downloaded it. After paying for the "Pro" upgrade, I've had a mixed experience.

I was able to read codes (not that I had any), and view the emissions tests easily enough, but had some trouble with the customizations.

Enabling MDI control over the DRLs, window control via keyfob, and gauge sweep all worked as expected. On the other hand, I was unable to change the turn signal count, nor was I able to change the keyfob to unlock all doors on first press. Those are the only ones I've tried so far.

I've emailed the devs to inquire about these issues.

For reference, I'm using this ELM327 WiFi adapter and an iPhone 6.

sakitnyatudisini

Passed Driver's Ed

For reference, I'm using this ELM327 WiFi adapter and an iPhone 6.

thanks for info, I will buy it

aiwa2343

I like Carista and OBDeleven, best apps for VAG diagnostics and features programming. Carista works with elm327 and have more features at this time...

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
Gee this couldn't be a shameless add could it be? Two posters loving this, on and it's their first post each.

emanix

Gee this couldn't be a shameless add could it be? Two posters loving this, on and it's their first post each.

I take it you didn't read my post then. I made a point of saying that some of the functions did not work and that I emailed the dev to inquire about the issues.

No where did I even say I liked the app. I literally wrote, "I've had a mixed experience."

And for anyone wondering, no I have not heard back from the dev yet.

skitheeast

Passed Driver's Ed
This app seems to work well for me with one exception. I can't seem to find the gauge sweep option. I haven't downloaded the pro version but all the other options seem to be there even though I can't use them. So I guess I'd love to know if anyone else has used this app or another to do the gauge sweep with a golf. Not sure if the car is the problem or if it will show up once I pay the $20. Seeing as that's the main reason I want the app I don't want to spend the money if it won't work.

bdegen94

Ready to race!
Guy be very careful with this app, I tried it out and yeah it does everything you want however with me when I did a full scan of the car to check for error, It would knock my car out of Readiness for Emissions tests. I know this could be a little hard to believe but I met up with a fellow forum member today to try to see what vag-com was saying, after a full scan it was still showing the car was not ready and we had to reset Readiness. Just to double check after we fixed the issue I did a full scan with Carista, said everything was fine did the full scan option and once again it threw it out of readiness and we had to reset it again. Be very careful with this app guys if this does this to you as well you will Fail emissions

TeflonDon

I've been using Torque for a while with my Bluetooth adapter and love it. ....but seeing this app with ability to do cool changes typically requiring a Vagcom, I will definitely be buying the full version.

goose1

Ready to race!
Guy be very careful with this app, I tried it out and yeah it does everything you want however with me when I did a full scan of the car to check for error, It would knock my car out of Readiness for Emissions tests. I know this could be a little hard to believe but I met up with a fellow forum member today to try to see what vag-com was saying, after a full scan it was still showing the car was not ready and we had to reset Readiness. Just to double check after we fixed the issue I did a full scan with Carista, said everything was fine did the full scan option and once again it threw it out of readiness and we had to reset it again. Be very careful with this app guys if this does this to you as well you will Fail emissions

Sounds like it clears the codes when it runs.

bdegen94

Ready to race!
Sounds like it clears the codes when it runs.

Nope You need to reset it through Vag-com, the main issue with what happens is that it shows the O2 sensor as failed however you don't have any CEL or any indications of the failure, so should you not ever set readiness with vag-com and go to get inspected boom fail.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
This app seems to work well for me with one exception. I can't seem to find the gauge sweep option. I haven't downloaded the pro version but all the other options seem to be there even though I can't use them. So I guess I'd love to know if anyone else has used this app or another to do the gauge sweep with a golf. Not sure if the car is the problem or if it will show up once I pay the $20. Seeing as that's the main reason I want the app I don't want to spend the money if it won't work.
You need a specific cluster revision in order for it to work. You probably don't have it. :\

epoch555

Can anyone else confirm the 02 sensor failure issue? Can it only be cleared with VAG, or will another app like Torque or Dash clear it?