GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

any of you DSG guys using the dogbone insert?

markus037

Ready to race!
Im thinking about getting one for my car. but is it worth it? I had one in my MK5 but that was a 6-speed and it did make a difference in the way the car accelerated. its a cheap mod, but is it effective on DSG cars?

tsmack

Ready to race!
Improves shift speed but increases NVH, softer durometer recommended for DSG cars. The NVH is not bad and they are cheap and easy to install.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Super effective on DSG cars... Fixed the slop in the shifts, and got rid of wheel hop all together, and I'm running Michelin Pilot Super Sports on k04 power, no wheel hop at all.

I have the HPA 85A puck FYI.... so more then just an insert. NVH isnt bad, not great in first gear but after that its like stock. It gets softer after about 200 miles...

mcgti6

Ready to race!
i had the insert in for a while and it made a big difference from stock. but i've been running the VWR subframe mount for bout 9 months now, and i advise that u skip the insert and go straight to that. it made an even bigger difference. i regret not installing the VWR mount from the start. it's pretty easy to install as well, as long as you dont care about keeping the stock bushing. i destroyed mine to install the VWR, but stock ones are only like $40 so no biggy when i go back to OEM'ing everything.

also, u want even quicker shifts, get the tyrolsport deadset collar kit for the subframe. i've had it in for about 2 weeks, and it's awesome! it's also something i wish i would've gotten a long time ago.

Spooled24

Ready to race!
i had the insert in for a while and it made a big difference from stock. but i've been running the VWR subframe mount for bout 9 months now, and i advise that u skip the insert and go straight to that. it made an even bigger difference. i regret not installing the VWR mount from the start. it's pretty easy to install as well, as long as you dont care about keeping the stock bushing. i destroyed mine to install the VWR, but stock ones are only like $40 so no biggy when i go back to OEM'ing everything.

also, u want even quicker shifts, get the tyrolsport deadset collar kit for the subframe. i've had it in for about 2 weeks, and it's awesome! it's also something i wish i would've gotten a long time ago.

Any downsides to the VWR Subframe mount? I have heard about vibration and NVH? Which what is NVH lol?

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
I've got the VWR Subframe mount. It eliminated wheel hop and made gear shifting better by reducing the DSG movement. I'd suggest you either get a VWR Subframe mount or the HPA puck. The insert will just get destroyed after sometime as most of the guys have experienced here.

FYI, it will cause a lot of vibration if you are still on OEM engine and DSG mounts.

Last edited:

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
i have just a dogbone insert and absolutely love it. Ill go full mount if it ever starts falling apart but it made the experience better, the little added nvh makes it feel more fun too. no downside

Savage2014

Super effective on DSG cars... Fixed the slop in the shifts, and got rid of wheel hop all together, and I'm running Michelin Pilot Super Sports on k04 power, no wheel hop at all.

I have the HPA 85A puck FYI.... so more then just an insert. NVH isnt bad, not great in first gear but after that its like stock. It gets softer after about 200 miles...

I have the same puck and dogbone and agree with the above impressions. Although I'm still on stock tires and get wheel hop....junk...but gotta burn em up to justify pss to the wife.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
I have the same puck and dogbone and agree with the above impressions. Although I'm still on stock tires and get wheel hop....junk...but gotta burn em up to justify pss to the wife.

LOL, should be easy to do!

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
I have just the simple insert, I love it. Idle is a little rough but shifts are seriously quick and intense. Wheel hop is a thing of the past. I am very impressed with the $20 piece of rubber. Btw I'm K04 (Revo stage 3) and on stock tires. No wheel hop, just lots of spinning lol.

janet0

I've got the VWR Subframe mount. It eliminated wheel hop and made gear shifting better by reducing the DSG movement.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
I had an Autotech insert, which is just an aluminum spacer, and I removed it after about 3 months. When I had it, the shifts were harder/firmer and wheel hop was just about zero.

The DSG issue of NVH in reverse was too much for me in my calm daily driver. Idle vibrations increased a bit as well, and my guess is more than a puck or low durometer poly insert on both counts.

If you can install/uninstall it yourself, buy a $30 low durometer insert and see if you like it. From all the reviews I've seen, the full puck setups are better but also require a bit more install time/effort.

Jont189

Passed Driver's Ed
Love mine. Paid $30 + another $40 for install. Not bad.

2013 DBP GTI - Revotechnik Stage 2 - Neuspeed Catback - CTS catted Downpipe - Black Smoke Depo LED tails - Neuspeed Sport Springs - H&R 10mm spacers