GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

corman1313

Ready to race!
Seems to be the case for me. My only continued problem is that if I use the auto on/off function, the AP turns off randomly every few minutes.
Same here. This completely went away and the auto on/off feature came back once I got the dyno tune done at Cobb SoCal. I then updated the new software and it went back to turning off randomly, which is different than the AP losing connection and stops reading for a second.
I know see that when I get my new maps from the E tune this seems to go away. I think it's a software issue on Cobbs part.

What updates? I have up to -5 knock on the stock MAF stage 2 v103 beta. I've yet to see a new map.
As for knock. I am on a pro tune and I will have - 3 knock on startup and completely goes away once warmed up. This is on CA 91.
I would call Cobb and get the V103 file for the stock MAF.

corman1313

Ready to race!
I've had APR tunes on three other cars: Audi A4 B7, Audi A3 8P, Audi TT MK1

What I mean is very simply is under normal driving in "D" (I have a DSG car) you can not discern a difference between the OEM tune and having the COBB map, when driving NORMALLY. Under Throttle, yes of course there is a difference, which is what I said.

The point is that the tune is very smooth and feels factory. It accelerates much better than the OEM software, but when driving through town in traffic, it's very linear and I'm not getting any surges or weird behavior from the car.
I aggree. Normal driving feels very similar to the stock Map. Very smooth and linear.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Yeah they're no updates, I'm on v103 stock MAF stage 2 beta and sometimes I see -3.00 knock on 91, they really need to release something that's been sorted out. I've put in 1 gallon of e85 on the full tank once and didn't see any knock the whole time, was a good week and a half until I filled up with reg 91 again. Also, do you guys experience any knock from when driving up hills?

It's usually on most pulls. Each cylinder shows like -2.5 on average.

emkayv

Passed Driver's Ed
Can anyone give recommendations on intakes they have found to work best I'm leaning towards either the Cobb intake or the uni just wanted some opinions

corman1313

Ready to race!
Can anyone give recommendations on intakes they have found to work best I'm leaning towards either the Cobb intake or the uni just wanted some opinions
Cobb has files to run with the stock MAF so choose any intake you want and run the appropriate file for the MAF.

I am using a Neuspeed P Flo with USP rear pipe but I am on a pro tune. I used the same setup with the stage 2 OTS map but was having some fueling issues, this was not on the map designed for stock MAF housing though which is why I had the issues.

emkayv

Passed Driver's Ed
Also car is completely stock and flashed the car today to the stage 1 91 high boost file drove around for awhile opened the hood to help charge a friends battery and noticed a little bit of smoke coming from coilpack 3 and it also looked a little wet no cel scanned for errors and still nothing my guess what maybe some water got inside the bay and it was just steam. Anyone have any ideas

corman1313

Ready to race!
Also car is completely stock and flashed the car today to the stage 1 91 high boost file drove around for awhile opened the hood to help charge a friends battery and noticed a little bit of smoke coming from coilpack 3 and it also looked a little wet no cel scanned for errors and still nothing my guess what maybe some water got inside the bay and it was just steam. Anyone have any ideas

Did you see any other water in the bay? That sounds a little odd for it to be smoking. Did you check to see if it is seated all the way? What did the smoke smell like?

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
^perhaps a leaking valve cover and you're burning oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I had oil on my coil pack when I pulled mine out. In regards to the blue smoke I am unsure though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emkayv

Passed Driver's Ed
Smoke did not have any color or Oder I even touched the wet spot on the coilpack wire harness trying to smell it defintly didn't feel like oil nor did it smell like oil. Drove the car a little today and no smoke I'm going to change the coilpacks and just keep my eye on it

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Cobb has files to run with the stock MAF so choose any intake you want and run the appropriate file for the MAF.

I am using a Neuspeed P Flo with USP rear pipe but I am on a pro tune. I used the same setup with the stage 2 OTS map but was having some fueling issues, this was not on the map designed for stock MAF housing though which is why I had the issues.

Where can these stock MAF files be located? I'm running the"beta" for now but haven't seen any available released files?

corman1313

Ready to race!
Where can these stock MAF files be located? I'm running the"beta" for now but haven't seen any available released files?
I believe a few others have posted here that these maps for the stock MAF can be gotten from Cobb after calling them. I didn't try this so I'm not certain but I did read that.