GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
034 motorsports RSB.

I think the biggest thing about adding a super stiff rsb without a matching fsb is it will introduce dangerous high speed oversteer.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I've been running a SPM 24mm rear swaybar for a couple of years & it really helps the way the car handles. It is set on the stiffest of the two available settings. High speed oversteer I don't see it. Of course I don't do stupid things like lift mid-corner. I don't call oversteer dangerous I call it fun.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I attempted to code my headlights. I was trying to set it up so only the LEDs were DRLs, but none of the settings changed a single thing. I also still have a bulb out error.

Also, why the fuck is eds headlights thread gone?

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Looking into getting the Cobb AP and was wonder if my intake(in sig) would work with their OTS maps or would I need to download their stock MAF files off their website or would I just stay away the +SF tunes and only run Stage 1 and Stage 1 high boost.

There are stock MAF files that you can download for use with intakes using the stock MAF housing.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Hooked up VAG-Com for the first time today. Finally recoded for the Euro R tail lights, and cleared the CEL for having a high flow cat. I gotta say, I was hesitant about paying $200 for VAG-Com, but I feel like it's already paid for itself. Pretty simple to use and read as well.

VAG COM is one thing I haven't dabbled with yet and I definitely feel like it's something I need maintaining this machine.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Looking into getting the Cobb AP and was wonder if my intake(in sig) would work with their OTS maps or would I need to download their stock MAF files off their website or would I just stay away the +SF tunes and only run Stage 1 and Stage 1 high boost.

if you have an aftermarket CAI, my understanding is that it will work. doesnt have to be Cobb's.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

If you're buying Cobb then buy it from Stratified and get their tune for free. I wouldn't even mess with OTS.

likkleindian

Go Kart Newbie
I've been running a SPM 24mm rear swaybar for a couple of years & it really helps the way the car handles. It is set on the stiffest of the two available settings. High speed oversteer I don't see it. Of course I don't do stupid things like lift mid-corner. I don't call oversteer dangerous I call it fun.

^^ This, I have Neuspeed set to the stiffest too and I like how my car handles. Never had it do anything funky with me

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
today i bought a second car to prolong the lifespan of my mk6.

bought a Jeep grand cherokee (WJ), now i dont have to cringe when i try to go hiking - no more bottoming out on the roads to trailheads! ALso means less salt exposure during winter.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
if you have an aftermarket CAI, my understanding is that it will work. doesnt have to be Cobb's.

I went ahead and bought COBB's TBE with the AP but already had ECS's intake which uses stock MAF, COBB eventually stated that the newest stock MAF files work with other intakes but a pro tune is ideal in either situation, even with all their hardware.

ahard48

Ready to race!
today i bought a second car to prolong the lifespan of my mk6.

bought a Jeep grand cherokee (WJ), now i dont have to cringe when i try to go hiking - no more bottoming out on the roads to trailheads! ALso means less salt exposure during winter.

Excellent! I have been toying with the idea of getting a winter rat. Just bought a winter wheel/tire package for the GTI though...at least there's that

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!

urbanevil

Ready to race!

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
Excellent! I have been toying with the idea of getting a winter rat. Just bought a winter wheel/tire package for the GTI though...at least there's that

I bought a 03 ranger for my winter beater plus daily on bad days. never been happier