GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

BMAPhotoG

windows probably just need to be reset..

hold all the way down until it's down, hold all the way up until it's up. Boom, fixed - auto windows back in action.

You're a genius! Thanks!

Now does anyone know if I'll have any issues with a helix sub?

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
Is there any way to tell without vagcom if my 2012 GTI needs the canbus adapter?

99% you do not need one. GTI's get newer parts :p

My understanding is almost all GTI's past 2008 have updated adapters.

If you really wanna check, only other option is looking at the P/N on the adapter which is a PITA to get at. OBDEleven is able to pull the PN too.

ChancreScolex

Ready to race!
For those of you installing rear view cameras or adapting them to work with the new HU, where do they plug in? I don't have a factory camera and I'm looking at getting one of the factory pop-up clones but I don't understand what they plug into behind the HU. All I remember seeing when I installed my RCD330 was the big quadlock connector or whatever you call it.

Schaber403

Passed Driver's Ed
Is there any way to turn off the the rear view camera screen from coming up when putting the car in reverse? I don't have a rear view camera and don't want it popping up

iSuckAtThis

Passed Driver's Ed
Is there any way to turn off the the rear view camera screen from coming up when putting the car in reverse? I don't have a rear view camera and don't want it popping up

What do you mean by rear view camera screen? Do you mean the HU displays a black screen when you put the car in reverse?
If that's the case, I think the seller activated the rear view camera function in your HU. It can be turned off using VCDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schaber403

Passed Driver's Ed
What do you mean by rear view camera screen? Do you mean the HU displays a black screen when you put the car in reverse?
If that's the case, I think the seller activated the rear view camera function in your HU. It can be turned off using VCDS.

Yes exactly, its just a blank screen. Do you know the coding for VCDS?

iSuckAtThis

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes exactly, its just a blank screen. Do you know the coding for VCDS?

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think unchecking bit 6 should deactivate the camera function.

TheCor

Ready to race!
Damn, Apple maps sucks. No way to use google maps with an iPhone?

I know Apple Maps gets a lot of crap - but I'm using my iPhone with this deck and have had zero problems with the navigation. In fact, it is more up to date than than GoogleMaps with regard to a new neighborhood next to me. No complaints, its certainly not a deal breaker.

ChancreScolex

Ready to race!
Can anyone post a picture of how a backup camera connects behind the HU?

Last edited:

ChancreScolex

Ready to race!
I Am interested in this as well. Do you have a factory camera or are you installing an aftermarket? I am also in RI and want to add a reverse cam to my golf

I'm going to purchase an aftermarket camera but it's a replica of the OEM badge camera.