GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Catless downpipe advice

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
Anyone run into any issues going catless without 02 spacers or stage 2 tune?

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
Nope. Let your tuner know you're going catless and they will take care of it.

Right just curious going catless before going for a tune with hurt anything, had an exhaust shop advise me not to go catless because my car "won't run well" because it will throw the ecu off and use more fuel than it should use

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....

CHerna

Ready to race!
I drove my MK4 with a catless downpipe untuned, no spacer, for a few thousand miles. No issue.

You will get a CEL. Should be fine until you get tuned.

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
I drove my MK4 with a catless downpipe untuned, no spacer, for a few thousand miles. No issue.

Gotcha, thanks for the input! Did you have it mated to the oem catback?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i drove around for weeks without the my tune and catless you just get a CEL for cat efficiency but it does nothing to the car or against it.

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
i drove around for weeks without the my tune and catless you just get a CEL for cat efficiency but it does nothing to the car or against it.

How'd the downpipe sound?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
it was loud (i put a catless non resonated turboback on) lol lots of pops and gurgles

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
it was loud (i put a catless non resonated turboback on) lol lots of pops and gurgles

Nice haha so you never had it mated with the oem catback at first did you?

Roctre

Ready to race!

I did that first to see if it was loud enough for me and well it wasn't at all. The only part that was somewhat loud where the dsg farts other wise I couldn't really hear the car at all with the windows up and with them down it was just sort of a hum from the back of the car.

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
I did that first to see if it was loud enough for me and well it wasn't at all. The only part that was somewhat loud where the dsg farts other wise I couldn't really hear the car at all with the windows up and with them down it was just sort of a hum from the back of the car.

You put an aftermarket exhaust on after?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

nope i started with the catback and then added the downpipe. So no the downpipe was never mated to the stock catback.

bastiant12

Yep. I Have a catless CTS Turbo 3in downpipe mated to a 2.5in remus catback. No CEL. Go to o'reilys and buy a spark plug non-fouler. Screw it into the port furthest from the turbo. Then screw the o2 sensor bung into it. I've had it on almost 2 years. No issues!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JayJayTheJetPlane

Ready to race!
Gotcha, thanks for the input! Did you have it mated to the oem catback?

I currently have a belgua 3" catless downpipe mated to oem catback with oem resonator...had it with resonator delete and it was too loud/tractorey for my taste...put oem res back on and now its too quiet, dont even get the dag farts anymore unless i shift at a hard 4/5k rev lol, looking for a new catback with a smaller resonator or might just leave oem catback and change the oem resonator to a smaller bottle resonator and see how i like it, not sure what to do yet...BUT problem wise i havent had any, but i do have the CEL light on dash just havent been able to get a spacer to fix it and tune wont be coming untill end of the year or black friday if theres some deals lol

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
Yep. I Have a catless CTS Turbo 3in downpipe mated to a 2.5in remus catback. No CEL. Go to o'reilys and buy a spark plug non-fouler. Screw it into the port furthest from the turbo. Then screw the o2 sensor bung into it. I've had it on almost 2 years. No issues!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

How’s it sound?