MKVI BOSER?!?!?

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
oh yesss i DO like the dia's!
Ceramic coated them yesterday actually. I'll have them mounted Sunday [emoji7]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
What coating? I like how those are kind of an idea to the cheese wheel wheels we get from the factory haha

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Ceramic Coated Wheels?

Gotta know who does this kinda of stuff and what are the pro's and con's of this on a Rim?

Ceramics are usually good for heat not very good for wear. Rocks hitting the rims from driving may cause pitting issues worse than powder coating.

Curious about this though..

Jeff

Phur

Autocross Champion
Jeff, the ceramic coating is clear and for protection and ease of cleaning. I pulled my wheels a few months ago and coated them. Amazing! I used gtechniq C5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Sorry guys I got confused on the "Ceramic" coating. I too have this, I have about 6 coats of CQuarts UK on my rims.

I was thinking he was applying a spray on Ceramic Coating like JET HOT or something like that.

My Bad.

Jeff

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
Ceramic Coated Wheels?

Gotta know who does this kinda of stuff and what are the pro's and con's of this on a Rim?

Ceramics are usually good for heat not very good for wear. Rocks hitting the rims from driving may cause pitting issues worse than powder coating.

Curious about this though..

Jeff
It creates a hydrophobic layer on the wheels that makes cleaning them SUPER easy.

I used carbon collectives wheel coating

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^yeah a lot of people may think you meant like when people ceramic coat a header or something lol.

i've been interested in ceramic coatings for a while.. may try that on my paint this spring. i have used sonax polymer net shield, which does 'okay' for water beading but not that great. same goes for ammo nyc's version of a top coat. very nice but quite ceramic quality; just haven't seen ceramic coating in person yet.

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
Oh I thought it was something rotiform did for you

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Shit I wish lol!
^yeah a lot of people may think you meant like when people ceramic coat a header or something lol.

i've been interested in ceramic coatings for a while.. may try that on my paint this spring. i have used sonax polymer net shield, which does 'okay' for water beading but not that great. same goes for ammo nyc's version of a top coat. very nice but quite ceramic quality; just haven't seen ceramic coating in person yet.
Yeah sorry I didn't explain further. Do a lot of research because if you don't apply it evenly or correctly you'll have to sand it off

Phur

Autocross Champion
Honestly it depends on how often and what method you want to use to apply it. They have ceramic sprays now. They don’t last as long, clearly, but application is as easy as a detail spray or dying agent. I saw one that after you wash the car, with it still wet, you spritz a bit of the stuff on and then immediately rinse it back off with the hose. ?

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
Honestly it depends on how often and what method you want to use to apply it. They have ceramic sprays now. They don’t last as long, clearly, but application is as easy as a detail spray or dying agent. I saw one that after you wash the car, with it still wet, you spritz a bit of the stuff on and then immediately rinse it back off with the hose. ?

No shit!? I didn't know about that...

Phur

Autocross Champion
I just got a bottle in the mail today actually. Sterkrazzy posted a link. It’s a new company and they are doing a free trial. 16oz, all you pay is shipping. It came out to $10.70 for me.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Hey! There you are! Speak of the devil...

Thanks again.

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
I just got a bottle in the mail today actually. Sterkrazzy posted a link. It’s a new company and they are doing a free trial. 16oz, all you pay is shipping. It came out to $10.70 for me.

I'm gonna try mine this weekend. I'm not sure it's quite a true ceramic coating, but it sounds like it has very good hydrophobic properties and it's insanely easy to use and doesn't streak.

The link is still up - https://hydrosilex.com/products/free-16oz-sample-of-hydrosilex-recharge

Oh hell im getting this!! thanks!