GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Tune from Stage 1 to Stage 1 w/intake

budahbuddy803

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the APR stage 1 tune done a couple weeks after I purchased the car. Later, I purchased and installed the APR intake. I'm going to have my dsg fluid changed in a couple weeks and I'm contemplating spending the $100 they charge to flash from stage 1 to stage 1 w/intake.

I know its a relatively small difference in numbers according to APR

APR Stage I 93 AKI 98 RON 261 HP 317 FT-LBS +71 HP @ 3,850 RPM +101 FT-LBS @ 3,500 RPM

APR Stage I w/ Intake 93 AKI 98 RON 268 HP 325 FT-LBS +78 HP @ 3,950 RPM +108 FT-LBS @ 3,600 RPM

Has anyone done this? Is it worth while for $100? I don't expect to feel or notice much of a difference at all, but I feel it would maybe "mesh" a little better.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Honestly, I wouldn't if they are charging for it. I'm actually surprised that they do since you already have Stg1 and purchased their intake. It should be like a deal that you purchase their intake, they 1+ you for free. At least that would make it more enticing to purchase their intake that is nearly 300 bucks...

For the hp/tq increase so small, you will most likely not feel a difference. Just be happy with the intake because I imagine you can hear a difference :D

zrickety

The Fixer
You will gain power from the intake, the tune adapts. Stage 1 is stage 1, don't bother paying again.

budahbuddy803

Passed Driver's Ed
Honestly, I wouldn't if they are charging for it. I'm actually surprised that they do since you already have Stg1 and purchased their intake. It should be like a deal that you purchase their intake, they 1+ you for free. At least that would make it more enticing to purchase their intake that is nearly 300 bucks...

For the hp/tq increase so small, you will most likely not feel a difference. Just be happy with the intake because I imagine you can hear a difference :D

APR does not charge, this particular shop does. $100 for the time it takes to flash, I guess. They were the cheapest I could find in my area for the transmission fluid change ($340).

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Wait till you get a downpipe so the flash is worth it. Make sure you get the fully loaded tune too so you do it one last time and never again. That way you can switch to stock mode if your location requires it for smog.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Also per my apr dealer there is no stage 1+ tune for the mk6. The stage 1 + tune is for the fsi engine.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
I just called APR about this yesterday after downgrading from Stage 2 to Stage 1 on my 12' GTI. There is a Stage 1 w/ Intake variation tune that's available for our cars. The numbers were listed by the OP. For me, I have a local shop that will do the re-tune without charging the full hour shop rate. Just $50. I'll probably go and get it done next time I"m in the area.

The stage 1 feels awesome by the way. Feels great for passing around the city and good enough for the highway pulls. I think I actually like stage 1 more. Being over 40 with a kid in the back will do things to you I guess :p

FF_animal

Ready to race!
I just called APR about this yesterday after downgrading from Stage 2 to Stage 1 on my 12' GTI. There is a Stage 1 w/ Intake variation tune that's available for our cars. The numbers were listed by the OP. For me, I have a local shop that will do the re-tune without charging the full hour shop rate. Just $50. I'll probably go and get it done next time I"m in the area.

The stage 1 feels awesome by the way. Feels great for passing around the city and good enough for the highway pulls. I think I actually like stage 1 more. Being over 40 with a kid in the back will do things to you I guess :p
Hmmm strange when I confirmed with my apr dealer they said it was only for the fsi engine. Maybe they weren't aware of this. I wonder how much of that stage 1+ Intake tune is felt with butt dyno.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Hmmm strange when I confirmed with my apr dealer they said it was only for the fsi engine. Maybe they weren't aware of this. I wonder how much of that stage 1+ Intake tune is felt with butt dyno.

You could have them look it at at the APR website, it is clearly there. However if they don't know much about it, probably not the best APR dealer to work with, lol. Who knows what file they will end up installing on your car :lol:

FF_animal

Ready to race!
You could have them look it at at the APR website, it is clearly there. However if they don't know much about it, probably not the best APR dealer to work with, lol. Who knows what file they will end up installing on your car [emoji38]
That's what I told them when I showed up, they pulled up what they had on hand and showed me they had no stage 1+ tune. Maybe they weren't supplied with the update?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
That's what I told them when I showed up, they pulled up what they had on hand and showed me they had no stage 1+ tune. Maybe they weren't supplied with the update?

I think they directly connect with the files apr has on their servers. When I got my stage 2 upgrade I did it the day they released it and my mechanic didn't even know about it yet, but he was able to find the file.